atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tfseth Kx-TVA50 / KV-TDA100 Auto Attendant - 05/03/10 10:05 AM
Recently, the company I worked for brought in someone to install a couple new lines, and move some extensions to new locations (walking extension feature did not work). Couple weeks have passed, and now a coworker here has come to me telling me the Auto Attendant has not been working since.

I connected to the VPS using the maintenance console. Found some of the settings, but I really do not know if they are set properly or what for how the system was configured.

I've been reading through the manuals and such. But I do not understand what needs changed, if anything.

If anyone can help, much appreciated.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Kx-TVA50 / KV-TDA100 Auto Attendant - 05/03/10 10:18 AM
Are you saying that no lines are being answered or just the ones that were added?
You need to be looking in the TDA100, not the TVA./
I have to ask, If you paid someone for service and it's not correct, why not call them back and make them correct it?
------------------------
MrG
Posted By: tfseth Re: Kx-TVA50 / KV-TDA100 Auto Attendant - 05/03/10 10:24 AM
Well, that's what we are doing. The tech said he didn't change the settings for this option and that it's working the way it was setup.

It turns out the call actually rings twice, then goes to the Auto Attendant. Before, the auto attendant just answered each call. All the lines work fine. The lady at the front desk keeps answering the phone all day, and cannot get anything else done.

The reason I'm involved is that every one in the office seems to think my A+ cert qualifies me to work on phone issues.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Kx-TVA50 / KV-TDA100 Auto Attendant - 05/03/10 10:32 AM
If he added CO lines then he had to be in the programming, specifically trunk groups among other sections.
It sounds as though it was set up for DIL 1-1 and now the IRNA is being used.
I'd get his a$$ back out there.
-------------------------
MrG
Posted By: tfseth Re: Kx-TVA50 / KV-TDA100 Auto Attendant - 05/03/10 10:38 AM
They are going to be sending someone over. Thanks!
Posted By: brokeda Re: Kx-TVA50 / KV-TDA100 Auto Attendant - 05/03/10 12:52 PM
Maybe the night button is turned off?
Posted By: tfseth Re: Kx-TVA50 / KV-TDA100 Auto Attendant - 05/04/10 08:15 AM
They came in. The settings on the PBX were for it to ring twice before being picked up. He changed that, then said he disabled the night button.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help