atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Adam D Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 10:15 AM
I have a client whos looking for a phone system in their new business. Its all new construction so we've yet to run wires. I'll be running cat5 to each phone jack to cover anything I might do.

The main thing they want is a phone system that they can run a report on. They basically want to see the calls coming in and the calls gong out and the extensions who are on the phone and who/where they are coming/going... easy enough.

I sell panasonic but don't do a lot of phone systems, so wasnt sure which panasonic product might be best for them. Its a small medical office with maybe 10 phones we'll be putting in. POTS lines no VoIP necessary for them. So i was thikning of a TDA/TDE system, but wasnt sure on the reporting end... any recomendations?
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 12:24 PM
If you Do a TDE or NCP you can Telenet From anywhere
on the network for raw smdr !
If they are looking for Cradle to Grave reporting
for acd you can install a NCV-200 voicemail or
https://www.poltys.com/ software or both.
Posted By: peter doyle Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 12:40 PM
interesting the NCV has been discontinued here as was the KXTDA

from what the post says i would asume the user wants to do live call reporting i dont use telnet myself but would i be right to say that this report would only report after the call is complete.?

peter
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 02:01 PM
Is that not what a report is by definition?
After the Fact.
Posted By: Adam D Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 03:55 PM
It does not have to be live... it can be after the calls done. They want to be able to see "ohh bob was on the phone with 555-2312 for 5 minutes on friday the 12th of march...
Posted By: peter doyle Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 04:13 PM
Adam has just answered the question as to his requirements so i sapose that ends that conversation

as to the software
Hyperterminal is free with windows xp,this will list all calls on a call by call basis you would have to sive the results if your looking for a particular extension Only.
you can also get any number of profesional call logging software like softex ringmaster these can display by extension reports but are normally used to produce bills
i am sure KXTVET will have a load of options also

peter
Posted By: Adam D Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 08:22 PM
Wait im confused... hyperterminal? Are we all on the same page here??? I want to install like a TDA/TDE phone system, isnt there software that runs with the panasonic system that can tell me what calls were made/etc... ??

I know Allworx has it built into their system and has a web interface, but thats a different system and id rather use panasonic...
Posted By: texastech Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 08:36 PM
You can use external software connecting to the pbx via a comport. Panasonic has a very limited software Panalog which will log real time lines of call activity including extension #, caller ID, incoming vs. outgoing, etc. No way to generate any reports though, just scrolling. Peter is right you can use hyperterminal to get this info. For real call logging & report generators I have used Trisys. You can view live call activity & generate reports about any way needed.
Posted By: Adam D Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 08:40 PM
I googled some stuff and saw something called ProSMDR, any experience with it? Free trial so i'll test it on my TDA100 at work to see how i like it, its only $79 then if i like it.

I see what your saying now. I could have my programmer write something but that would take time, cost more then i bet the client wants to spend. I'll also look at Trisys that you mentioned.
Posted By: johhz Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 08:50 PM
panalog is cheap and it's good
Posted By: ictelco Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 08:51 PM
Panasonic has a program called Communication Assistant built into the NCP, and the newest version of the TDE v3. Google that and see if it is what you're looking for.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 08:52 PM
if you Insist on doing a tda you will need to run
a data wire from the cabinet to were ever you put the logging pc ! if you do a tde or ncp some call accounting and collection software can listen on an
ip address on port 2030 providing you have
tde connected to the network they have made it easier than fumbling with db-9 connectors and distance constraints....
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 08:54 PM
https://www.mft.com/phonelogger/
Posted By: Adam D Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/02/10 10:33 PM
I've been playing with Rander, which works via USB. It seems pretty neat as it can actually control the panasonic system and monitor calls coming/going. It has a reporting tool as well. Its free to play with, but i think the paid version adds more features/etc... and no pop-ups when you start it. Its a russian company i think but neat so far.

I'll check out phone logger and comm assistant also.
Posted By: OBT Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/03/10 01:45 AM
comm assistant will only log calls for the extension that it is connected to. another good one is wintariff, if can be downloaded for 30 day trial as well
Posted By: OBT Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/03/10 01:45 AM
bump
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/03/10 12:34 PM
theres also another cti program called blitz
Posted By: Adam D Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/06/10 11:45 PM
I took a look at a few, didn't like any of them. Can anybody recommend some good software that can log my com ports activity so i can just have my in-house programmer write something to parse the log file and output it as we see fit. This is on a windows 2003 server system, so we don't have hyperterminal and i was hoping for something that could start with windows and/or run as a service (system tray) application. Its on our file server so its not as if someones using the pc, but i still prefer something that can operate in the background.
Posted By: robc Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/08/10 07:35 PM
RS232 Data Logger by Eltima Software. It's free and spits out to a text file. Could be what you're looking for?
Posted By: robc Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/08/10 07:43 PM
I do very much like phonelogger as kxtvet points out above. It runs a little web server GUI, so you can pretty much get the info anywhere, any time. For the price it can't be beat smile
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/08/10 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Adam D:
I googled some stuff and saw something called ProSMDR, any experience with it? Free trial so i'll test it on my TDA100 at work to see how i like it, its only $79 then if i like it.

I see what your saying now. I could have my programmer write something but that would take time, cost more then i bet the client wants to spend. I'll also look at Trisys that you mentioned.
I own the "free" version, meaning I paid for it. It's pretty lame, it only does two things, account code reports and extension reports. Phonelogger, in compatibility mode, gives you more for the same zero dollars.

Please give me an email addy and I'll send you the file we discussed.

Carl
Posted By: robc Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/09/10 06:43 AM
Carl, what file is this may I ask? Can you get more functionality from phonelogger with a config file?
I have a TA-824.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Phone System Reporting - 06/09/10 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Adam D:
I took a look at a few, didn't like any of them. Can anybody recommend some good software that can log my com ports activity so i can just have my in-house programmer write something to parse the log file and output it as we see fit. This is on a windows 2003 server system, so we don't have hyperterminal and i was hoping for something that could start with windows and/or run as a service (system tray) application. Its on our file server so its not as if someones using the pc, but i still prefer something that can operate in the background.
I use zoc and putty both are free instead of hyperteminal
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help