atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: locg display caller ID - 06/15/10 05:03 PM
Hi I have a TDA200 with kx-t7636 sets and pots trunks. I want the the incomming caller info to be displayed on the set before the user answers. Can you guys help me out?
Posted By: ShawnC Re: display caller ID - 06/15/10 08:11 PM
Do you have the Number to the Company that sold you the system?
Posted By: 94astro Re: display caller ID - 06/15/10 10:16 PM
It does show up as soon as the phone starts ringing, unless someone messed with the wait to receive caller ID timer.
Posted By: brokeda Re: display caller ID - 06/15/10 10:17 PM
If you have caller ID and it is just not showing as you want: when the the call rings press the INFO soft button under the display until the info is in the format you desire, then leave it alone. It will display in that format for every call.
If caller ID does not work at all, you may need to order from the Telco, or have it turned on in the phone system.
Posted By: locg Re: display caller ID - 06/15/10 10:47 PM
Brokeda is correct. I hate working on panasonic cause of guys like kxtvet. Sorry I want to experience the pro and cons of the system are before I cough up bucks to be a certified dealer. Its the first and only one Ive worked on. I'm usually ripping them out or turning them them down. They are very installer friendly but user relies to heavily on the installer and customer can get real annoying and annoyed at times. I appologize for the rant. I actually paid for tech support from a guy who didnt know what pins 3 and 6 were. Thanks 94astro and Brokeda for giving a legitmate response and not the company line.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: display caller ID - 06/16/10 08:45 AM
Originally posted by locg:
Brokeda is correct. I hate working on panasonic cause of guys like kxtvet. Sorry I want to experience the pro and cons of the system are before I cough up bucks to be a certified dealer. Its the first and only one Ive worked on. I'm usually ripping them out or turning them them down. They are very installer friendly but user relies to heavily on the installer and customer can get real annoying and annoyed at times. I appologize for the rant. I actually paid for tech support from a guy who didnt know what pins 3 and 6 were. Thanks 94astro and Brokeda for giving a legitmate response and not the company line.
I an sorry you feel that way but you didn't say I have the caller id daughter board on my loop start card and I am paying for caller id name and number
would like to see the info on the phones that ring
and it doesn't show now.I was trying to be helpful to you how am I supposed to know if you have just signed the check and the vendor has just left ....
Posted By: robc Re: display caller ID - 06/16/10 03:03 PM
quote "I hate working on panasonic"

er... you shouldn't be "working" on them at all if you have to ask such a question here without even trying to find out yourself i.e. download the manual?
Posted By: ShawnC Re: display caller ID - 06/16/10 03:11 PM
Thanks for adding that Rob he I am apologizing to this guy!!He said he hates guys like me that say a did you look under "C" in the book that tells you all about caller id and what related programing there is in the BOOK ????
Posted By: ShawnC Re: display caller ID - 06/16/10 03:11 PM
Originally posted by kxtvet:
Thanks for adding that Rob here I am apologizing to this guy!!He said he hates guys like me that say a did you look under "C" in the book that tells you all about caller id and what related programing there is in the BOOK ????
Posted By: brokeda Re: display caller ID - 06/17/10 02:02 AM
Must have had a real bad day!!!
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: display caller ID - 06/17/10 05:08 AM
We always tell a customer that there are 3 elements to CID on a Panasonic system. CID service, CID hardware, AND A RINGING PHONE.

Usually it's #3 that gets them. No, not your neighbor's phone, but YOUR phone has to be ringing. We get the "but I don't want to hear my phone ring". Sorry.

Carl
Posted By: locg Re: display caller ID - 06/26/10 11:05 AM
I didnt bother looking for a manual cause i dont have access to the software. Im an installer myself but since I'm not a dealer I subbed it out to another installer. He took an hour to try and sort out that problem. Since I knew nothing about the system itself I didnt argue with him but I knew it shouldnt have took that long. So I tried to help him out by asking the question here. I wasnt onsite to check it myself. I tried for weeks to get the software and everyone gave me the company mantra. I thought it was a simple question so i didnt expect anyone to say go find your dealer to get an answer.
Posted By: Goerge Re: display caller ID - 10/21/10 06:38 AM
Originally posted by locg:
I didnt bother looking for a manual cause i dont have access to the software. Im an installer myself but since I'm not a dealer I subbed it out to another installer. He took an hour to try and sort out that problem. Since I knew nothing about the system itself I didnt argue with him but I knew it shouldnt have took that long. So I tried to help him out by asking the question here. I wasnt onsite to check it myself. I tried for weeks to get the software and everyone gave me the company mantra. I thought it was a simple question so i didnt expect anyone to say go find your dealer to get an answer.
Posted By: Goerge Re: display caller ID - 10/21/10 07:10 AM
I'm having similiar problems with a KX-TDA200 that the caller id doesn't display, from four incoming lines one was displaying but also stoped, and it seems i cannot find the problem. i'm not really a tecnician but i program a lot with other programs, and so i may not understand the maintence console correctly. And the vendor, also programmer of the kx-tda doesn`t know much about pc programming.
So now if somebody still could help it would be of much pleasure.
I have created four groups 601 - 604, for each line a different group.(the destinationes are the same for each)
Now i want the whole number to display so i don't have any DDI numbers asigned. The distribution method is DIL, so CO-01 is set to DLI destination 601,
CO-02 is set to DLI destination 602, and so on.
The incoming call just displays Line # and the ICD Group #, why isn't it displaying the CID number?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: display caller ID - 10/21/10 10:08 AM
Goerge, we discourage adding onto old threads. If you would read the 1st post by brokeda, 4th post in thread, you will probably find the answer to your question. If not, read the whole thread carefully. And please remember that we will tell you WHAT needs to be checked/programmed/etc, but NOT how to do it, as that is INSTALLER proprietary information. And being able to program a computer does not make you a telephone system programmer.
Now that I've covered all that, welcome and enjoy the site. We can and will help all we can, within the parameters of the "posting information" thread at the beginning of each and every forum. Read it at your convenience. John C.
Posted By: Goerge Re: display caller ID - 10/22/10 04:29 AM
Lightninghorse:
Thanks for the reply, I know adding onto old threads isn't the best but i was just trying my luck. I read the post by brokeda. The thing is my KXDT-333, doesn't display the info option, while ringing. When its on standby, the INFO button has two options Internal Number, Or, Day Mode.
I only ask for what needs to be checked/programmed/etc, NOT how to do it. So thanks for the tip.
PS. It's not only the displaying part i'm interested in, the thing is we have a third party programm that registers all incoming and outgoing calls, but i noticed that as long as the incoming call does not display, it also does not register.(it registers that there was a call but no number in incoming calls). And like i said before one line was working a while, then stopped. After shuting down the phone system and restarting then it worked again for one day, and that was the last time. Thanks so far.
Posted By: brokeda Re: display caller ID - 10/22/10 07:31 AM
So do you have 7633 phones or dt333?
I don't know what the software difference is from US to your country.
After your futher explanation, it sounds like your not getting from the provider or cid cards going bad, bad wiring, wet wiring etc. To me if info is not shown during ringing, the caller id is not on.
Check to make sure it's on. Check lines with single line device. If digital trunks check with provider.
Call in a local tech who knows the system.
Posted By: Goerge Re: display caller ID - 10/23/10 05:53 AM
If I understand you correctly are phones are dt333
I don't think that the software varies from US to PY.
We asked a tech. but he also doesn't have an answer.
So we both started asking others. with him we tried each line separate with a call identifier, and they worked. So it could be the card itself.
But it is a little strange, the LCD displays
LINE 001 - CO-01
->601:ICD GROUP 001
But whatever, it seems we will just have to discuss more with the tech. :shrug: Thanks for helping!!
Posted By: ShawnC Re: display caller ID - 10/23/10 08:22 AM
If these are analog trunks is there a 8 port caller id daughter board on the trunk card?
Posted By: allcalcomm Re: display caller ID - 10/25/10 09:01 PM
I have also found that if you have another caller id device ahead of the system , it is possible that it it will capture the info and the phone system will miss it
Posted By: Goerge Re: display caller ID - 10/26/10 05:25 AM
This is a List of the cards installed.
Ranura_Tarjeta_Estado_Versión

0...... MPR(BX)... - .....3.2002
1.......LCOT16....Ins
2.......DHLC8......Ins....5.002
3.......SLC16......Ins
4.......SLC16......Ins
5.......SLC16......Ins
6.......SLC16......Ins
11......OPB3.......Ins...5.004
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help