atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Don Nelson Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/22/10 10:17 AM
So we have tried 2 different Panasonic systems (We maxed out the extensions on the first setup), first a TVA50 to a TDA50, and now we are on a TVA200 to a TDA100 . Both systems have been experiencing this issue.

I am recieving numerous complaints from staff that outside callers are recieving incorrect entry when they try to dial an extension at our office. They have supposedly verified the caller is dialing the right extension, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Originally it was on a handfull of extensions, now a few more a cropping up. When I recieve the complaints, I try it myself and it always works for me (Cellphone and lan line).

Another issue were having is if a outside caller dials ext 103, or 120, once in a greatwhile it transfers it over to the secretary over at ext 102 (I have dialed extension 120 and it did this to me and i looked right at my cell phone screen to verify I pressed 120).

I have contacted our phone vendor who has been wonderful and checked with Panasonic and no one has ever heard of that. I have contacted our phone company and they have inspected the line coming in and everything looks good. Theres no signal issues from waht they can see or tell us.

Sorry for the long post but any ideas/ suggestions are appreciated. Im tearing my hair out on this one!

Thank you,
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/22/10 11:25 AM
do you have PSTN POTS lines on the system or ISDN PRI ?if it is posts lines i'dd test for high loop current(super high current can make the system do some wacky things)and then put voicemail in trace mode and i would park my 2 digit grabbers in series with the first 2 numbers on the system and then i would make some test calls watch what happens when i dial 120...
Posted By: OBT Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/22/10 12:32 PM
is there options to dial 1-9 on the system as well? if so where do they go, maybe the interdigit timer is not long enough for slow dialers?
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/22/10 05:16 PM
hey K you may be on to something what if Custom menu is not set to ext transfer anytime ?....

Do a test call and dial #8 as soon as the menu plays the dial 120 does It ring through properly???
Posted By: allcalcomm Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/23/10 01:58 AM
i have in the past , had some complaints similar to this ,the incomming calls were made from cell phones ,some how some at random times #'s were corrupted along the way
Posted By: Bopper Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/23/10 06:00 AM
Check to see if in the VM system parameters if xfer to ext is FX. If so, change it to FXD and look at the custom menu as kxtvet has suggested.
Posted By: Don Nelson Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/26/10 08:37 AM
Wow so many responses I apologize for the late response as I also work with computers for our company, and we had an office move last week.

@Kxtvet Our phone serivce is through Time Warner Cable's digital phone service. When we put in the first TDA50 system Time Warner at the same time replaced their equipment which was some sort of phone modem (For our 8lines) due to a fax line issue. They replaced some hardware outside of our office, and said that everything looks great connection wise. How would I go about doing the test that you mentioned above, and what would I need for testing (Ie: any tools or something).

@OBT We have setup 0 to dial the operator (Ext 102). I like what you are saying, and when I try to dial lets say 102, I dialed 10 and after like 3 seconds it jumps to please wait a moment. Where in the TVA50/200 would I be able to change this? Maybe that is the issue we are having.

I appreciate all the help you guys!

Thank you,
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/26/10 10:00 AM
The problem is if you start messing with the interdigit time, it will cause some other issues like an inordinate wait for the second digit. You can make sure that the first digit has no conflicts, we usually start menu items with 3 instead of 1 and 2.

Look in the custom service menu and increase the wait for second digit to something more than the default 1 second. Your first digit default of 6 seconds is probably okay.

Carl
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/26/10 10:21 AM
I to date have not had any dealings with time warner
but it looks like they are not friendly to your equipment the first thing you need to do is test the lines for high loop current.....
https://www.sandman.com/loopcur.html read this it tells you how to do a loop current test.
KX-s's love mid 20's .....
If you have a meter and a butt set do the test and post your results...
Posted By: Don Nelson Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 07/26/10 12:16 PM
Sounds good guys. I tried the wait time for the 2nd digit. Well give that a few days and see how it goes. It could be as simple as that, if not to the testing I go! Ill let everyone know.
Posted By: Don Nelson Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 09/14/10 02:01 PM
Hey guys I promised to update this post if any of the fixes worked. Carl's recommendation worked. The 2nd digit was set to 1 second, so we bumped it up to 3 seconds and all these calls and complaints stop coming to my desk!

It was a tough one as I type fast on most technology devices so when I was trying it and teammates it always worked and the call would go to the extension. Then one day I had a "slow moment" and heard the system try to transfer my call 1second after I dialed the first digit.

Oy talk about a factory error. I even had to pass it on to our phone rep. Im like you might need this!

Thanks again!
Posted By: brokeda Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 09/14/10 02:39 PM
Thanks for the update. KXT strikes again!!
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 09/14/10 03:27 PM
I am not sure what you mean is this some reference to baseball are we in some sort of competition ??
Posted By: brokeda Re: Incorrect Entry Mayhem! - 09/14/10 05:26 PM
Baseball? No. Just congrats for good advice on voice mail. From OBT and Carl. I thought only KXT put it in. Read to fast.
The programmer missed what is second nature to most VM programmers that are using 1 digit menus or not.
Which is make time between 1st and second digit at least 2 seconds
on dialing menus. Something I do always, but never thought about when reading about the problem.
No offense meant to anyone.

eek eek :bow: :bow: :banana: :banana: :db: :db:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help