atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jacksonf4 DBS 824, weird mute/handsfree problem - 02/16/11 10:12 AM
I have a customer who had their phone system moved from one location to another about 6 months ago.

When he is on a normal call and wants to put it on speakerphone, he puts the call on hold, sets the handset down, and then presses the held line. When he does that the call is automatically muted. If he presses the mute button, it makes no difference, the call is still muted. He can't get it off of mute. He has no handsfree/speakerphone button. Apparently this didn't happen before the phone system was moved. He tried on several phones, and it didn't change anything.

Any ideas?
Posted By: allcalcomm Re: DBS 824, weird mute/handsfree problem - 02/16/11 10:35 AM
try the all feature clear station program on the phone
Posted By: ShawnC Re: DBS 824, weird mute/handsfree problem - 02/16/11 02:10 PM
how about this there is a speaker button or an
on/off button on that set somewhere on that set.When on a call press that button then set the handset in the cradle and start talking does does it still do a auto mute?

99.9 percent of the key systems out there operate in the manor I described .
Posted By: jacksonf4 Re: DBS 824, weird mute/handsfree problem - 02/16/11 02:31 PM
how about this there is a speaker button or an
on/off button on that set somewhere on that set.When on a call press that button then set the handset in the cradle and start talking does does it still do a auto mute?

99.9 percent of the key systems out there operate in the manor I described .
Yes, I tried that with the customer as well. Still automatically mutes. Think a reset of the system will help. I was going to dial into it, but I'm not exactly sure what to look for.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: DBS 824, weird mute/handsfree problem - 02/16/11 02:49 PM
I'd take a hard look at station/ext programing before
that.Hopefully Rich chimes in he's the DBS Sensei here!
Posted By: jacksonf4 Re: DBS 824, weird mute/handsfree problem - 02/18/11 12:44 PM
I think I found what the problem is. The customer site has VB-44210 phones and IIRC they have a speakerphone but no microphone. When their phone system was moved, they received new phone. The system was automatically muting the call because the handset was on-hook. I had the customer press the on/off button while talking to me (leaving the handset off-hook) and he was able to mute/unmute me.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: DBS 824, weird mute/handsfree problem - 02/18/11 02:19 PM
He should get a true Panasonic DBS speaker phone. Then his handsfree would work like normal.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help