atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Curlycord Paging-Voice call questions - 05/04/11 08:46 AM
System - TDA30 Hybrid IP PBX
Sets - DT346B X 10 of them
Wireless - TD7695

1. Can you do a voice call like on a Norstar system where there is an instant connection to the speaker so the called person does not have to pick up the phone yet still converse.

2. Can you do the same on the wireless?

3. Can you put each phone in its own page zone, strange yes but page just one phone instead of a voice call. or in other words how many pages zones does this system have?

3. If we do put put each phone in its own page zone then what is the code to page all zones?

4. Can you page the wireless as well?

Thanks!
cc
Posted By: OBT Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/04/11 11:09 AM
If you press auto ans button, it will allow you to call extension and it will answer with a beeb and you can have 2 way conversation.

wireless no.

yes it you want, there is 32 user groups/page zones paging codes *33 plus zone 01-32

Extensions which cannot be paged are:
–
PSs,SLTs, Ringing or busy PTs, PTs in Paging Deny mode, PTs in Paging DND mode
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/04/11 01:51 PM
Ok here is what I was told over the phone:

Wireless - TD7695 excepts pages over its little speaker.

Method to voice call is make the intercom call then press voice button at top right.

So will take it as a yes either way/method.

I am concerned on the wireless and see your are in Ireland and wonder if different rules applies to Countries.

Thanks for your reply mate.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/04/11 01:54 PM
Sorry what is the code to page all zones?
Posted By: brokeda Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/04/11 09:54 PM
7695 has Auto Answer, also the newer Dect cell phones.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/05/11 01:56 PM
Thanks Brokeda

I am frustrated....as the customer is about to yank it for a Norstar but it does not do what they want either.

I found this in the user guide:
EXTENSION PAGE/INTERCOM
Lift handset
Dial Extension number
While extension is ringing press “*” key
Tone
Announce

Is * equal to Auto Answer?
So far the answers are:
Press *
Press Auto Answer
Press Voice
I gather it depends what phone type.

PAGE ALL EXTENSIONS or via PA System
Lift handset
Dial ‘*33’
Page group number (2 digits)
Tone
Announce
Wait for answer

1. That's how to page each zone, nothing mentioned on how to page all zones/exts at once.
2. Wait for answer? from who? the devil? why would I wait for answer from a page?
Posted By: brokeda Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/05/11 08:19 PM
Read the user manual slowly, it's all in there.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/06/11 06:10 AM
The extension user and programming controls how a phone receives pages. First of all, each phone can be voice announced and have handsfree answerback via programming and the use of the Auto Answer button. They can also be in a page group and be called at once. Anyone in the same page group can pick up a phone and dial a code(*43) to join the pager in a private call, cancelling the all call page.

In general practice, we put phones in one or two page zones, perhaps one for the office and one for the factory, but keeping in mind that the factory phones would lose the ability to dial *43 to answer an all page from the office.

Unless something is different, there is no page to a PS. That may have changed with the new sets.

Carl
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/06/11 09:24 AM
Thanks Carl

I have read the manual slowly and cut and pasted some of it above so based on the user guide and the 3 answer here that cannot tell me what the page all zones code is I will take it there is no Page ALL zones code like you can with Norstar.
Therefore I am guessing you have to painfully add all sets into a zone of your choice to achieve this.
Where Norstar by default a set is in zone 1, it can be changed but regardless you can page all zones no matter what.

Perhaps my Norstar experience is reading the Panasonic guide in a backwards manner but my rather simple questions seem now complicated in the Panasonic world.

As for the wireless model I will have to make a judgment call and hope that OBD is wrong above.....it's a very long drive to site.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/06/11 09:53 AM
The phrase is manualz. Not to be mean but since I did RTFM and took time to reach over and dial it, go to any phone and dial *3332 on the intercom. Look at program 640 in the PTPM.

OBT is reading from the same manual (FM) and the conditions were as he listed them.

Carl
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/10/11 01:41 PM
"Look at program 640 in the PTPM"

"OBT is reading from the same manual (FM)"

I take it these are installer guide of sorts, sorry as stated I am Norstar.

Is there a link to all the resources for phones/systems? or are they locked like Nortel?.

Thanks guys.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/10/11 02:01 PM
Seems there is an Auto Answer selection in Options/menu for the TD7695.

OBD states it wont work, is this because it is controlled by the KSU and it is the one that will not allow it?

I need to find this FM guide what ever it means.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/10/11 08:25 PM
By default in US Page All is *3332. Calls all PT's on the system and Ext Page on the 50.
You can put any combo of up to 32 ext groups into a all call group with the console.
Some wireless can have Auto Answer, 7695 being one
of them, just select only Intercom calls.
Very handy when at the pool or working in the garage.
It will also answer CO calls if you like.
This works with all KSU -TDA-TD-NCP-824-848 in US.
There is an Installation manual, a program manual, a feature manual, and an operations manual.
All need to be read to understand the system.
Or just spend some time perusing the Maint Console.
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/14/11 08:53 PM
Perfect!

Thanks again....customer is now happy and I just might learn this system.

In the end the confusion was the Norstar version of deny would just ring the set instead where the Panasonic version of deny was that the caller could not hear the person they called but the called person could hear the caller, a form of privacy in a way where we thought it was broken.

cheers
cc
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/15/11 05:13 AM
Do you not have a Tech support and training course for Panasonic in Canada?
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/15/11 06:31 AM
The 4 functions (or the two pairs of functions) of the Auto Answer button of a Panasonic phone is fairly unique to Pana, but is that part of a training class or just something you pick up by reading the distinction in the manual?

We always maintain that there's not a dime's worth of difference in PBX systems, just how the manufacturer defines terms and implements features. Each box has similar features and programming, so if you're trained in one, you can probably figure out the other ones. Being Mitel trained initially (well discounting the Leich 40's and 80's and the #5 XB or the TCS-2) we always end up comparing features.

In fact, this weekend, some of us old farts will get together during the Dayton Hamvention. It's going to be interesting to see how many people go. But, I think you find in the industry, there are really two levels of training, those that have prior experience, and those that are beginners. As I've sat in class, I know that a lot of instructors gear the course toward the participants. My PhoneSuite class of 3 was pretty advanced and primarily just covered the unique features of the system, where the initial Mitel class was a "hands on" class. Of course there was a 30 year difference in the training :-)
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Paging-Voice call questions - 05/20/11 07:00 PM
Do you not have a Tech support and training course for Panasonic in Canada?
Cannot answer truthfully, I have not have not had time to research but one would presume so since we have running water too and not just igloo's.
This is not a question about where can I get training, I am not about to take a course because I have only one question about auto answer lol, ridiculous question.....NEXT!.

My PhoneSuite class of 3 was pretty advanced and primarily just covered the unique features of the system, where the initial Mitel class was a "hands on" class. Of course there was a 30 year difference in the training :-)
From my experience over 26 years in the industry in Canada we have sales training where features are the topic of discussion and technical training is for configuration/programming.....seems pretty logical to me.

We always maintain that there's not a dime's worth of difference in PBX systems, just how the manufacturer defines terms and implements features. Each box has similar features and programming, so if you're trained in one, you can probably figure out the other ones
Your right in that this is true for the most part but just proven in this thread thread that not all is easily understood and requires a little assistance be it reading or questions to translate the difference.
Had somebody who knew both system well and read this post would have answered the question easily I am sure, instead it was a pry it out of people sort of post, I didn't mind and I am great full to finally get the right answers as I am sure those who are happy when I answer questions in the Norstar forum without the RTFM attitude.
Even the Auto Answer of a Meridian or Succession PBX works differently than Norstar yet the same manufacturer.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help