atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/05/11 03:40 PM
What system (or what is the newest system) you can use VB-44223A-B phones with? :confused:
Posted By: ShawnC Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/05/11 04:03 PM
The DBS none of it is new now.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/05/11 04:10 PM
Is "DBS" a single system or is it a range of systems? Any system that indicates "DBS" will work with the phones?
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/05/11 04:38 PM
I'm looking for a system that will support 4 lines and at least 8 phones.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/05/11 06:58 PM
there is was a 616 but unless you have a bunch a VB phones that you want to build a system around I don't for the life a me why you would go in the direction of the DBS all but extinct and IMHO is a lot harder to program than the KX-TA ?
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/05/11 09:03 PM
My client has a bunch of VB phones.

Can anyone please answer my original question and advise me what systems these phones will work with?

Thank you very much.
Posted By: OBT Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/06/11 01:24 AM
Kxtvet did answer your question, he said the DBS
There is like most Panasonic systems different sizes in that range.
They are an old system and just because he has a load of handsets does not make it a good idea to supply him with a ksu Are you going to give him warranty on that unit as is required by law once supplying a second hand unit
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/06/11 05:52 AM
Wow. What part of DBS don't you understand? It was discontinued a few years ago. I have a pair of 824's in my warehouse and a 576. IIRC they made a 616, an 824, and a 40/72/96 port system along with the 576 family.

At the very minumum, you could have gone to ePay and searched for Panasonic DBS and sifted through the 600 listings and gotten the same information.

Carl
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/06/11 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Carl Navarro:
Wow. What part of DBS don't you understand?
DBS what?

Nortel CICS
Nortel MICS
Nortel BCM
Nortel 824
Nortel 308

All use the same phones.

DBS...? DBS what? DBS 3? DBS VX? DBS 40? DBS what? DBS is a particular specific system or it's a range of different systems?

DBS what?
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/06/11 11:44 AM
At the very minumum, you could have gone to ePay and searched for Panasonic DBS and sifted through the 600 listings and gotten the same information.
Why would I do that? Wouldn't the educated person come here to a forum of experienced installers and ask a question, hoping for a concise & accurate answer?
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/06/11 12:54 PM
Not to argue, but DBS is unique. AFAIK, all VB's worked on all DBS systems, unlike "Starplus" or "Nortel" where your T7324 sets only work on certain systems, or Starplus 616xx phones vs. Starplus 14xx phones..

True, Shawn's answer was a half-answer, but it was a good one laugh

Carl
Posted By: ShawnC Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/06/11 04:05 PM
Danny stick to Norvaya and let someone in your area that knows the Panasonic "DBS" Digital Business System Range and all the ins and outs have the job or just walk away .You know you are going to be sorry you got involved in this one there is no tech support available and look at it this way if the client called and said they had 20 Comkey phones and wants to re use them would you be sourcing a Comkey KTU here?
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/06/11 06:28 PM
LOL <---- had to be said
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/06/11 07:34 PM
Originally posted by kxtvet:
[b]Danny stick to Norvaya and let someone in your area that knows the Panasonic "DBS" Digital Business System Range and all the ins and outs have the job or just walk away .You know you are going to be sorry you got involved in this one there is no tech support available and look at it this way if the client called and said they had 20 Comkey phones and wants to re use them would you be sourcing a Comkey KTU here? [/b]
Hey, thanks for the awesome advice! Putting it in bold AND italics really got the point across. Would you like to be my business manager? The job should only last for 3 months, because I'll be out of business in no time with an attitude like yours.

I've tried to contact several Panasonic techs in the area, but they're either out-of-business, won't return calls, or drunk.

And yes, I'll gladly stick to Nortel after learning about how forked-up Panasonic is. Good god. No wonder nobody buys them a second time.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/06/11 07:35 PM
LOL <---- had to be said
Fail. I asked for an answer to a specific question, not for an opinion or advice.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/07/11 07:18 AM
What part of the DBS side of Panasonic is
Gone do you not get?Most DBS dealers now have
re certified to the KX-TD/A/E/NCP .
Posted By: metelcom Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/07/11 02:33 PM
If you are serious about this then you can get DBS stuff cheap on ebay Its not an easy system to program and very little support out there.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: VB-44223A-B phones...what system? - 05/07/11 03:31 PM
I can support the DBS. I have a few still out there that I service on a regular basis. They are work horses, that's for sure. It's certainly not a system for the faint of heart. If you attempt it, be ready for a challenge.
With apologies and thanks to Rich and Merritt for trying to take this thread back to 'sanity', I'm going to lock this thread. It started to drift into personal areas, and comments were getting heated. I think the OP's question has been answered.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help