atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hey Everyone,

I just programmed "Page All" (33*) and "Page Answer" (43*) buttons on all system phones (Pana KX-TD1232). The "Page All" button works as expected - press it with handset on-hook and it initiates a systemwide page via the speakerphone. My trouble is with Page Answer - you cannot just go to any phone, hit "Page Answer" and successfully intercept the page - you must first hit the "Intercom" button then press the "Page Answer" button to retrieve it.

I'm pretty sure this is because the phones are all programmed to go off-hook to a CO (as opposed to "intercom", then having to dial "9" to capture a CO). But, the logic still confuses as I can hit the one-touch for "Page All" from an on-hook condition and it initiates the page without having to select "intercom" first. If one-touch works for one, why not the other?

Am I missing something in the way I programmed the "Page Answer" or is this the best it can be expected to work under the circumstances?

Many Thanks in advance!
Answer is plain 43 by default drop the * on your flex button and test!
You're right, 43 is all it takes - but one must still press the intercom button first! That's the counter-intuitive part of it. It would be great if there was a way to integrate the intercom button press + 43 on a single flex button for a true "one-touch page answer". It would have to go to intercom automatically like a DSS button but you can't fool the system programming to allow you to program a DSS with anything except valid station numbers. I was hoping there was a workaround.

Thank you for your help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help