atcomsystems.ca/forum
Well, today Panasonic issued the last call for legacy products. As of 7/1, they will no longer provide live or email support for all the TD, DBS, VA, KXT (336 123211 etc), TVS Voice mail, and all TA but the TA-824 products and repair is on a parts available basis.

Geeze I'd better dump my last TA-308 :-)

Carl
NAW, it's now officially a collectible as of 7/1/2011! Sell it on Ebay, home of the proof that; "A Fool Is Born Every Minute". :toast:
Say it isn't so!!! I love the old Panasonic equipment. frown
Same here, but at least we can count upon each other here for technical support. I loved those 336 systems. We only have one left in service (installed in 1993). We will be replacing it next month and I'm thinking of having a ceremony, including bringing the technicians who were part of the installation in. This was our first one and it will be a heart breaker for sure. So advanced for it's time and it sure did what we promised it would do, without fail. 18 years isn't bad and it speaks volumes about Panasonic's quality.

Complicated toll restriction, ARS and lack of real-time diagnostics were other subjects though. Calling tech support was like having a tooth pulled (whatever happened to Frank?). I guess that's what helped me to learn that bad-boy on my own. mad
Posted By: STS E Re: REALLY end of life for Pana old products - 06/04/11 05:17 AM
ED, and who gets the honor of taking the place of the 336 ? (Brand,model).

I do hope she carries out the solid performance that ole girl you are putting out to green pastures has so up held over the years.

Remember no fine wine until its time. smile
TJ, the customer's consultant has insisted that they replace it with a Vertical MBX. Taking that 336 out will be a heart breaker for sure.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: REALLY end of life for Pana old products - 06/04/11 06:53 AM
Originally posted by EV607797:
TJ, the customer's consultant has insisted that they replace it with a Vertical MBX. Taking that 336 out will be a heart breaker for sure.
I feel honored to at least had a 336 and 500 across my bench and 3 cheers many B&B that are still running 11D's with AA on them!
Originally posted by EV607797:
Same here, but at least we can count upon each other here for technical support. I loved those 336 systems. We only have one left in service (installed in 1993). boy on my own. mad
Stop it Ed :-) You glossed over the fact that it could only have 8 appearances of a trunk on a phone, unlike the 123211D where you could have all lines appear and work as a key system on 32 sets. My nightmare 336 system in a school missed that feature severely. As a PBX it was super, as a "key system" it sucked.

Carl
Posted By: ShawnC Re: REALLY end of life for Pana old products - 06/04/11 01:25 PM
how may of you out there programmed the 11D with a dumb terminal or procomm ?How many teminated jack one on the backboard and made it ext 100 so you could make program changes with out a big song and dance waiting for the attendant get off the phone ??
Posted By: johhz Re: REALLY end of life for Pana old products - 06/04/11 06:27 PM
I may have an interest in the 336. We have a few out there and could use a spare. PM with details
Posted By: 94astro Re: REALLY end of life for Pana old products - 06/04/11 08:33 PM
Got excited and thought they were retiring the tva's...
KXTVET, You musta been looking over my shoulder. I did both of those things on a regular basis.

I too will miss The KXt series, but the DBS not so much. I loved how reliable they both were though. Other than a few power supplies, the only things that failed were one with a lightning strike and another with a 12KV line that dropped on the entrance cable in a storm. I never needed Panasonic support until the TDA's came out so I won't miss that part. I also know there will be maintenance for a long time to come because they just don't die.
I'm going to lock this, 6 months is long enough.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help