atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tawtom Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/07/11 09:56 AM
Hi gents does Panasonic any longer sell a PBX system that is user-administratable? (like the taw848 system). Did they open up the TDA50 to user admin? thanks.
Posted By: OBT Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/07/11 11:12 AM
No. The tda is on the way out and the TDE/NCP are the latest systems. You can get user access to certian sections but not main programming
Posted By: tawtom Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/26/11 07:46 AM
So which BTS system will be suitable for use in a high-end home then, or is Panasonic leaving that market?
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/26/11 08:23 AM
High end new cabling KX-NCP 500/1000 or KX-TDA 50G or there are plenty of KX-TD 1232's still around they are battle ships and there are loads of them in Estates and High end houses'!!
Posted By: brokeda Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/26/11 09:16 AM
Using the Tool tab in Maint console you can customize the Admin and User screen to have access to whatever you want.
I don't think the 50 is out. It is just the low end system now.
In today's market only an idiot would buy a system of any size, that you could not self Admin things like Ring Groups, Call Fwd, DID etc.
You can tailor it to their abilities.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/26/11 12:32 PM
yes but tom would still have to be dealer to install
and to get to the point were he can give customers user access to whatever he sells them I personally as of yet had a high end customer that has wanted to have such access thats what the vendor is for either dialing in or thru ip connection....
Posted By: brokeda Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/26/11 08:28 PM
That's one selling point of VOIP. Because basic changes are quick and easy.
I have many systems who have outside sales reps and their cell phone or Google number is an extension on the switch, as many as 20 -30 and they change rather often. They need it done asap. Names on phones and DID numbers the same.

Should be like DSX. Open browser, click Call FWD, input number, click save.
NBX had this 12 years ago.
I am A Panasonic fan but some things are archaic, like pushing 2 two times to hear the next message
on a TVA.
Posted By: allcalcomm Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/27/11 12:36 PM
if all else fails . i offer a remote card and tell them to e mail any changes needed
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/27/11 01:22 PM
Every kx-? since 2000 & tva that has been on the bench before burn in and got a remote modem before going out for install .
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/27/11 04:38 PM
I started burn-in in the early '80's and have NEVER regretted the time spent. I set up test benches for every system we installed at every place I worked over the years and I think it paid off. With a little thought, you don't have to use a zillion jacks and blocks. Usually you can trick-wire 25 pair cables to use the same jacks for several different systems. Land the jacks on one side of a 66B block and with thought you can use a connectorized cable for each system you install. JUST REMEMBER TO REMOVE ALL THE PHONES AND THE CABINET(S) FROM 1 SYSTEM BEFORE YOU START ON THE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND LABEL THE CONNECTORIZED CABLES FOR THE SYSTEM(S) THEY ARE FOR!
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/27/11 06:34 PM
all you need for most systems is a cheater plug that you use on 1a2 cabling for speed install to pick up jack one on J 1 and if you have an issue on a td a connectorized block male to female amp and a 6 pin testar adapter woks just fine for walking down the block of 8 exts!
Posted By: brokeda Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/27/11 07:55 PM
I have a hard time making modems work these days.
First one was Comdial 1432.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Panasonic User-Admin Systems? - 06/28/11 05:14 AM
My experience with modems on phone systems has taught me two things. NO compression. LOCK speed to prevent speed 'cycling'.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help