atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yanick 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 07:33 AM
Serious problem for user: when the operator (101) is on a call, if another line rings, it only flashes the CO button but doesn't ring. It's a serious handicap; I don't know many people who stare at their phone all the time while on call!

What I've verified/tried:DIL 1 extension and DIL N extension; FW/DND; delayed ringing. Seems pretty basic to me.

If I call each line individually when on-hook, they all ring immediately. If a line rings while on call; the button flashes but starts ringing as soon as I hang up other call.

No voicemail on system
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 08:03 AM
What does your serious manual say; the one with the CALL WAITING CO command in it?

Alternatively, you might program more than one phone to ring, delayed ring works.

Carl
Posted By: Kyawa Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 08:31 AM
Man Carl, that was rough. smile
Posted By: Yanick Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 08:43 AM
...and wrong!

Where did I mention call waiting? If ANOTHER line rings, as if I'm on CO1 and CO 2 rings...

Spend less time trying to be clever and more reading the question.

FTW
Posted By: Dalavar Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 10:14 AM
Press intercom and dial 7311 on the operators phone to turn on call waiting and it will beep as well as flash.
Posted By: Kyawa Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 10:57 AM
Do you want the telephone that you're currently talking on to ring when another call comes in? I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Posted By: Yanick Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 10:59 AM
Thanks Dalavar; it's not much but better than nothing I guess...

It's a bit disappointing though not be able to actually ring the line; I'll put the blame on the age of the technology...
Posted By: Dalavar Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 02:22 PM
Sadly it's the same answer that Carl gave you but you didn't listen to him.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 06:47 PM
Panasonic's terminology for features doesn't help much either.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/23/11 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Yanick:
...and wrong!

Where did I mention call waiting? If ANOTHER line rings, as if I'm on CO1 and CO 2 rings...

Spend less time trying to be clever and more reading the question.

FTW
Responses like this tend to piss me off, but I think I can turn this into a learning experience for you and the archives.

When a 25-year Panasonic dealer answers your question, take the time to RTFM or at least look at the CALL WAITING feature on page 147 of the UM before you blast off a response. Under my workstation, I have a Panasonic TD manual. It's SECURE, so I can't just normally print a single page out of the book and post a reference. I can waste 1/2 hour and print it to Paperport and port it to my file website. How's this? https://public.carl.airpost.net/misc/page_147.pdf

If you're installing this, take the time to read it, and next time, when you get a suggestion from a senior member on the board, don't blow it off. Panasonic Call Waiting is different from anybody else's but it is what is is.

Your apology is accepted in advance.

Carl
Posted By: Yanick Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/27/11 05:23 AM
I won't apologize, first of all, cuz YOU started off as arrogant; second, I always read manuals first and come here as a last resources for old/unsupported or systems I'm not certified with; although I did get certification on 100/200/600 tde at my former employer's.

Also, not an excuse, but old Panasonic books are quite a mess to look through, and from what I understood, the CALLER had to input a code for the beep or whisper or other notification.

And I am used to search through idiotic Panasonic terminology; systems are great and flexibles, better than what I "grew up" in (Nortel), no doubt about it.

Now, Kyava gave a short, concise answer and didn't try to look like a hero or condescendant. Just because Panasonic is so protective of it's manuals and softwares, doesn't make you the best thing since sliced bread. Look at my posts; I'm not a "burn!" guy; phone guys need to take their heads out of their asses and start sharing; else you sound like an IT guy...

If you ever have questions about BCMs, Polycoms, Mitel, networking, anything, I'll be happy to help; without parading you with your pants down in front of your friends.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 2nd incoming call on kx td816 - 06/27/11 07:08 AM
Thanks to all that contributed to this thread. I'm going to lock it because I see it starting to go the way of others in this forum.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help