atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Plastrick Lee Dan apartment intercom on TDA50? - 09/21/11 11:21 AM
I know this is a long shot, but here goes. We are installing a TDA50 in a residence which shares a Lee Dan PK543 apartment intercom system with 4 other tenants.
We are limited in our ability to change existing equipment/wiring. I am wondering if there is a creative way of incorporating the existing call station to work as a door phone on the TDA.
The home owner is hoping to greet visitors & release the door from system phones.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
- Patrick L.
Posted By: brokeda Re: Lee Dan apartment intercom on TDA50? - 09/21/11 11:39 AM
If it will work as a co input to system or wirh an slt from system. a dialed code will activate a relay.
no or nc.
Posted By: Plastrick Re: Lee Dan apartment intercom on TDA50? - 09/23/11 03:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think I am ok with the door release aspect, my main concern is whether we are going to be able to tie the Lee Dan equipment into the TDA. I have no idea if the PK543 will be able to simulate ringing voltage.
Posted By: KENB Re: Lee Dan apartment intercom on TDA50? - 09/23/11 06:12 PM
Theres a manual on
Lee Dan site for your p k543 and Lee Dan is right here in Hauppauge
Posted By: AlphaCommNY Re: Lee Dan apartment intercom on TDA50? - 09/26/11 02:09 PM
Hi,

I am new to this message board but I am from Alpha Communications in Farmingdale NY. We are the largest stocking Master Distributors of Tektone brand intercoms in the US. Tektone manufactures the PK543A for Lee Dan and we sell them under the Tektone brand. The PK543A type system is a 'simplex' voice system and will only send voice in one direction at a time, unlike the TDA50, which is most likely 'duplex' type. They are really quite different technologies and circuitry and I do not believe you could make it work. You can call me at 631-777-5500 if you need further info. Thanks.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Lee Dan apartment intercom on TDA50? - 09/26/11 07:16 PM
If it is simplex 4 wire you can use a abandoned teletone leased line boxes you see all over the place they have a hidden dip switch inside that will covert 4 wire tx rx into duplex 2 wire circuit after that there is a tiny how do you get the unit to send 90-105 volt ac ringing!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help