atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Adam D Call Monitoring - Blocking Certain People - 09/22/11 01:34 PM
We have a TDA100 here in our office. We're installers, etc...

We used to have two COS setup. One was our generic employees, and then one was for managers. It basically gave us options to record calls and monitor in on our own extensions, so we could keep an eye on how employees handled calls, and jump on if need be.

Well recently the boss wants things changed. He wants me to only be allowed to monitor MY department, and he doesnt want ANYBODY to be able to monitor him.

Is this possible? Can I set it so certain extensions can be monitored in different Class of Services??? Or is it all or none?
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Call Monitoring - Blocking Certain People - 09/22/11 02:17 PM
Are you saying that you are a supervisor of a icd group ? is the boss a member of that group?
Posted By: Adam D Re: Call Monitoring - Blocking Certain People - 09/23/11 01:29 PM
Right now we dont have supervisors/etc.. setup in the system basically I did this originally

COS #1 - all employees
COS #2 - CEO/COO/Myself (IT Director)

and i could monitor everybodys calls (but i only ever monitored my own staff)

Well recently the CEO doesnt want me to be able to listen to him (even though i never have, he just doesnt want to chance it) so he wants it as follows possibly, although maybe in a different way?

COS #1 - IT Employees
COS #2 - IT Manager (me)
COS #3 - Sales Employees
COS #4 - Sales Manager
COS #5 - All Other Employees
COS #6 - CEO/COO

So basically COS #6 can monitor EVERYBODY
COS #5 cannot monitor anybody
COS #4 can monitor people in COS #3
COS #3 cannot monitor anybody
COS #2 can monitor people in COS #1
COS #1 cannot monitor anybody

Make sense?? I dont have ICD groups setup yet... actually thats not true, we do have ICD groups setup for the above as we have a SUPPORT line and a SALES LINE that rings all sales staff or SUPPORT (IT) staff.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Call Monitoring - Blocking Certain People - 09/23/11 01:38 PM
how are "monitoring calls" are you barging in with executive overide feature?
Posted By: Adam D Re: Call Monitoring - Blocking Certain People - 09/23/11 06:37 PM
Sorry yeah. I think its when i call an extension and its busy, i hit the 5 button or so and it allows me to listen in. Then i can press the OVER button on my phone and i can join the conversation.
Look into executive busy override deny.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Call Monitoring - Blocking Certain People - 09/25/11 08:18 AM
So you executive over ride and then you hit a record button !
Posted By: Adam D Re: Call Monitoring - Blocking Certain People - 09/25/11 06:23 PM
No need for recording, enabled it, never used it honestly. Just want to be able to monitor only CERTAIN extensions, while boss can monitor anybody.
it's system wide and in the manual.
Posted By: Adam D Re: Call Monitoring - Blocking Certain People - 10/31/11 06:04 AM
Gee thanks for the typical "its in the manual" i really dont understand why people keep saying that. Every single question asked here is probably in the manual, im having trouble figuring this particular issue out and came here for advice, not to be told "its in the manual" i swear this forums starting to suck with that typical answer all the time brokeda If you dont want to help, DONT REPLY
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Call Monitoring - Blocking Certain People - 10/31/11 06:16 AM
You should be able to deny who has the ability to do an executive in class of service .
Stupid me!! I thought I answered one of your questions.'
Call Monitor is System Wide, you can either monitor or not, and that info is in the book and the Console help sections, links to specific manual locations.
If it,s in there I will always state that fact.
Your boss will have to trust the supervisors.

You can set Data Line security on the ext you don't want to be monitored, like the Boss(option page 2 under ext.) Also in the console help section
COS/call monitor/Feature Manual Reference 3.1.4
If you block an extension that way it is blocked to all users of this feature.

The console has extensive help section with links to the manual, very useful.

Only other option is Exec Override and judicious use of the mute button, but that does not help your problem.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help