atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Howie one touch Pickup of outside line - 09/28/11 10:30 AM
The system is a KX-TA824 with KX-T7731 phones attached.

I would like the one touch buttons to pick up the outside line (obviously on speaker) and dial.

I can program the buttons with no problem but I have to have taken the instrument off hook before pressing the one touch dial button - Not really "one touch"

Thanks for any insight, maybe it can't be done?

Howie
Posted By: ShawnC Re: one touch Pickup of outside line - 09/28/11 01:43 PM
Easy remove the 824 and replace it with TDA-50G if you have hybrid cards in the system you can reuse the phones when you press a one touch button or jogdial the phone will go off hook speaker and grab
a line and dial!
Posted By: Howie Re: one touch Pickup of outside line - 09/28/11 01:47 PM
So it can't be done?

Howie
Posted By: ShawnC Re: one touch Pickup of outside line - 09/28/11 04:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Howie:
[QB] So it can't be done?

All day long you have to press 2 buttons for speedkey on ta.

I haven't tried this on the ta but if you are a outlook ,act ,goldmine etc user and your pc has a modem in it you can set your ext to parallel plug your pc and your 7731 into a t adapter going off hook and dialing out on your pc may throw your 7731 off hook ......Dialing from you contact manager trumps speedkeys any day.Shawn
Posted By: Howie Re: one touch Pickup of outside line - 09/29/11 05:15 AM
We don't do enough phone work to want to dial from the contact manager. Just the same bunch of numbers and using the one touch keys are sufficient.

I guess I'll just have to "suffer" with having to actually (OMG) press 2 keys to use the "one touch" dial buttons.

Thanks for your responses.

Howie
Posted By: Dalavar Re: one touch Pickup of outside line - 09/29/11 07:33 AM
I thought if you program a line access code on the one touch before the phone number it would grab a line and dial out.

Only done a few TA's know this works fine on TDA's and TDE's and even the old TD systems.

Yep just checked the manual, on page 169 of the operating manual.

Problem: I cannot make an outside (CO) line call using a one-touch button.

Solution: An outside (CO) line access was not stored with the phone number.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help