atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: black wolf KXTD SMDR reports - 11/01/11 06:32 AM
I have a system that prints out reports at the end of the month. For the last couple of months it has randomly stopped reporting certain days
last month all information from the 17th-26th was gone
the month before the 9th, 12th, and 22nd had missing information.
looking back at past reprts this has been going on for several months.

All the programming appears to be in place. Could they be turning off this information for specific days by accident? If so how?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: KXTD SMDR reports - 11/01/11 08:51 AM
What are you storing the calls on? I don't believe the TD816/1232 has nearly the storage capacity you are expecting. In other words, who is turning off, or otherwise interfering with, your storage device?
Posted By: ShawnC Re: KXTD SMDR reports - 11/03/11 12:26 PM
Originally posted by black wolf:
I have a system that prints out reports at the end of the month. For the last couple of months it has randomly stopped reporting certain days

All the programming appears to be in place. Could they be turning off this information for specific days by accident? If so how?
What software are you using to capture raw smdr?
Posted By: black wolf Re: KXTD SMDR reports - 11/08/11 02:34 PM
The system has a version 6 software. They run their reports only on the last day of the month. I have asked them to run the report once a week. They have a large number of calls and long call durations.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: KXTD SMDR reports - 11/08/11 02:37 PM
If you don't have some sort of software or buffer box to capture raw smdr then you will never get reliable reports.......
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: KXTD SMDR reports - 11/09/11 08:14 AM
What kxtvet (And I) have already said.

I'm not sure the 1232 has ANY buffering capability.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: KXTD SMDR reports - 11/09/11 09:41 AM
i saw your post i don't think our poster is getting it and it does have a buffer and its 999 and then restarts to 001 and if and when you connect it dumps and starts over maybe .....and then who knows what happens when you disconnect and reconnect do you see where I am going????
Posted By: black wolf Re: KXTD SMDR reports - 11/11/11 08:29 AM
i saw your post i don't think our poster is getting it and it does have a buffer and its 999 and then restarts to 001 and if and when you connect it dumps and starts over maybe .....and then who knows what happens when you disconnect and reconnect do you see where I am going????

I did get what you said. You asked the question of what version software it was , all I did was respond to your question. This system has been in use for over 10 years and had worked fine until the last 14 months. When I originally asked the question they had told me nothing had changed.
What I found out is that they upgraded their phone system while I was sick and changed how they did reports. Once you mentioned about the buffer I was able to fix the problem. Thank you
Posted By: ShawnC Re: KXTD SMDR reports - 11/11/11 11:55 AM
Originally posted by kxtvet:
Originally posted by black wolf:
[b] I have a system that prints out reports at the end of the month. For the last couple of months it has randomly stopped reporting certain days

What software are you using to capture raw smdr? [/b]
I ASKED what software you were using to capture raw smdr not what software revision is on the system working on... - nothings have the ability to send raw smdr through the EIA serial port?????????????
Posted By: black wolf Re: KXTD SMDR reports - 11/14/11 11:20 AM
Thanks for your help. This system has worked fine for almost 14 years. We ( the customer & myself ) knew of no changes. The system had been set to send everything to a printer. The printer was set to pause, so when they turned it on it would print saved information. The problem ended up being when they upgraded the system the put the printer into a new power outlet. A new employee had been turning off the power source by accident to the printer. So on those day the printer wasn't capturing any of the info the phone sysem was sending. Again thank you as soon as you mentioned the buffer I remembered that it had nothing to do with the phone system.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help