atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguywayne TDA 30 Phantom - 11/25/11 08:12 PM
HI
I am getting ready to install a TDA 30. The customer would like to have two people share the same telephone, each to have their own voice mail box. Is this possible? Is it possible to program a phantom on a telephone? Have a DSS button on the main telephone and have the phantom forward to a voice mail box? Thanks for the help
Posted By: OBT Re: TDA 30 Phantom - 11/26/11 06:34 AM
use hotdesk.
set up a pin on both extensions(you can use a dxdp for second phone port)

Dial *727>extension> pin no, then that phone becomes the other ext and that person can get their voice mails.

I have 1 place with 5 phones on a single h/s
I set buttons with the codes on the phones, they come in and press with their name on it and it becomes their ext. I have 1 number that they all return the phone to so it can be used as a psare hand set if all those workers are out and it wont affect their settings

set vtr button on main phone so if they are not in the call can be put straight in to mailbox
Posted By: brokeda Re: TDA 30 Phantom - 11/26/11 08:03 AM
What OBT said. works great!! All these ext must be set FWD BUSY\NA to VM in the console with system set not to cycle DND on and off with push of key.(so that they will work right when not in use, system see's them as unplugged!!) Otherwise they get a busy and wont go to VM. TDA 200 v5.1
If they need to share at the same time, then use Group DN key\group mailbox and Message key for group mailboxes. The person or person's sharing would have extension like 640 641 etc. Dss keys will not light for these but otherwise will function just like reg ext.
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: TDA 30 Phantom - 11/26/11 07:31 PM
Thanks for the help works great. Set up a one touch to change between users. The only part that I dont understand is how to make the DSS lights not to be lit when the other user is enabled. Thanks again
Posted By: OBT Re: TDA 30 Phantom - 11/27/11 02:47 AM
if one of the users is logged on the second user lamp on the dss will be lit, if you press the lamp with busy/no answer set it will go to voicemail.
You could set those dss keys as one touch keys if being lit is annoying them, but I think it will show who's in or out, log both out to a third phone ext and both dss's will be lit so they know both are not available.

Set up both extensions with the same key programmed so the label on the phones will match for either user.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: TDA 30 Phantom - 11/27/11 10:46 AM
Thats a great tip O'B the tde/ncp is slowly becoming a threat to mitel sales....
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: TDA 30 Phantom - 11/27/11 02:59 PM
Thanks for your help. That works great.
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: TDA 30 Phantom - 01/04/12 05:27 PM
I don't mean to dig up an old topic. I was back to my site today and the second user's name on the DXDP port doesn't appear on the telephone. I deleted the name and reinserted it. When I push the info key it is blank. It worked fine when installed. Any help would be great. Thanks again
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help