atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: keytel kx-td1232 down - 04/27/12 09:29 AM
Hi folks,

My customer has a 2 1232's (one master one slave).
The power status light is off on the main cabinet and naturally anything connected to that unit is down. Stations on the expansion cabinet work.
Does the 1232 have a fuse and/or a power supply that could be checked? Any other suggestions would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Paul
Posted By: OBT Re: kx-td1232 down - 04/27/12 12:57 PM
There is a fuse in the psu. You could change the psu if It is gone. The red light is run from the processor and could the CPU fault
Posted By: ShawnC Re: kx-td1232 down - 04/28/12 05:05 PM
If you don't have a full backup of the master ksu
you can cannibalize a power supply from your spare ksu It should come right up with original programming.We had a master ksu go on the cape recently and we found that the power supply was bad on the master ksu and r and r'ed the power supply and came right up!!
Posted By: keytel Re: kx-td1232 down - 05/01/12 03:14 PM
kxtvet,

That's exactly what we just did and all is now good!

Thank you and OBT too for your suggestions.

Regards,
Paul
Posted By: Otoni79 Re: kx-td1232 down - 06/20/12 02:52 AM
Don't you want to know why the fuse blew-up in the first place?.

I would,that is if it's the fuse.Bring the unit down and open it up to do physical checks.I have atimes found something else other than the fuse burnt.

Hoping you did some Electronics (power electronics)
Posted By: ShawnC Re: kx-td1232 down - 06/20/12 09:02 AM
What ???why are you replying to a 30 day old thread that has been solved and over here in the states if its a double cabinet the LAST thing you do is dis assemble a ksu on site and waste time scratching your head trying to figure out why a 20 year old systems power supply spit the bit you throw in your spare the reload the latest backup of the master or spare and you are done ,The idea is the less down time the happier the customer and then you work in that the customer may want to consider upgrading their system!!Then then you send the busted one off to be repaired and it has a one year or two guarantee on it and its your spare
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help