atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Toner Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/18/12 03:35 PM
We've got a couple customers using SIP trunks on TDE100's and it's just come to my attention that the incoming CLID Name isn't working.

We know it's not really a provider issue because we're using the same provider on a number of asterisk systems and the name display is A-OK.

It would appear the TDE doesn't like something in the SIP messages - I'll do a packet capture to confirm all looks good.

Are there any configurable options in the TDE that would relate to this? I don't see much in the truck setup other than the fact that Caller ID is set to "From Header", which should be correct for this provider.
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/19/12 12:51 PM
We only get number on our TDE / SIP trunks as well. I ask one of the techs and he told me that we never received Name, but maybe we should explore it a little more.
Posted By: Toner Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/20/12 09:37 AM
Wow, I've confirmed with another dealer that they only get number as well. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed! Hopefully a new software version will address the issue - customers will not be happy with number only...
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/21/12 02:37 PM
We thought it was the provider and tossed it back to them, but they came back with nothing. If I remember, we will call tech support tomorrow and ask them about it.
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/22/12 07:05 AM
I was told this morning that tech support did tell us it was a provider issue. Can only get what they send you............?
Posted By: Toner Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/25/12 12:20 PM
Our provider complies with SIP standards and sends the info via the "From Header". Not sure how Panasonic can claim that's a provider issue...
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/26/12 09:44 AM
Thats the main reason I've held off on pushing customers to sip trunking there are way to many things that are beyond your control and if sip is all you have for trunking it could make the best system in the world look bad.
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/26/12 10:07 AM
I understand, but I will say that ours have been more or lest a beta site for our carrier for about 6 months. They are not registered as a Panasonic SIP approved partner, etc etc. They are what they are, but works out well for incoming DID the way we have it set up.....except we only get # not name.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/26/12 10:09 AM
Then they are less than good ....?
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/26/12 10:21 AM
They are good. Not as reliable as copper and from time to time will have quality issues but I think we all expect some of that.....not sure the customer will. My opinion is that it will depend on cost, when/how they will be used to determine the right fit. I'm not ready to give up our copper trunks at this point.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/26/12 10:23 AM
There is the key Copper backup!!
Posted By: 94astro Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/28/12 04:25 PM
The only customer we did, tde200 w/ SIP, ended up pulling it out and going back to analog.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/28/12 06:12 PM
I rest my case !
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/29/12 08:12 AM
If your case is that you should have copper back up, I would agree! But, I would have to believe that many companies are utilizing SIP trunks and are satisfied with them based on application and cost?? We are in a small market, so I just assumed we are a little slower technology wise than the major markets.
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/29/12 08:15 AM
Back on track though, I was told by our guys that the TDE set up for SIP was pretty straight forward and I thought equip/cost wise was very economical.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 06/29/12 12:09 PM
Verizons sip lines come in on a dedicated pair
of wires and thats how the have solved qos issues but their sip trunks are not as cheap as 4 custopac
lines !!
Posted By: Toner Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 07/05/12 02:12 PM
The SIP setup is fairly straightforward in Panasonic programming, the issues come when trying to troubleshoot issues in the network/router/ISP. Boo frown
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 07/06/12 10:03 AM
yes the days of having a kick meter,buttset, a toner ,wand a pair of shears,spudger ,4 way screwdriver and a punchdown tool are gone !!!Now you need a $5000 network analyzer and who knows what else to trouble shoot.
Posted By: Toner Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 07/30/12 03:10 PM
DUH!

Just had to switch to "Yes" SIPGW16>Port Property>Supplementary Service>CNIP (Receive)

Name is coming through just fine now - I have no idea why this would be off by default!
Posted By: Brian H Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 07/30/12 05:56 PM
For the same reason wait for second digit in the TVA is set to 1 second by default! :bang:
Posted By: Dalavar Re: Anyone using SIP trunk w/ TDE? - 08/16/12 10:38 PM
Just set up my SIP lines for our Office phone system (figured it's better if we are the guinea pig rather than the customer) So far they work. Just one thing I can't seem to get to work and it may just be something SIP can't do. I am trying to get EFA to work. Need to Flash the SIP and transfer the call out to a Cell Phone. Was assured by SIP provider this would work (before purchasing) but flash does absolutely nothing while on a SIP call. Yes I have EFA turned on for all the extensions because we use it just fine with our old POTS lines. Have quite a few Realtor's who use this to transfer calls to agent's cell phones when they are in the field. So want to make sure I can do it and not tie up 2 SIP Trunks while they are talking before I sell this stuff. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help