atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JEFF M. Static on One Way Audio - 09/28/12 02:47 PM
I have a customer with a Panasonic 1232 that is approx. 15 years old. They are experiencing loud static only on functions that would be considered one way audio. EX: When accessing an outside line the static is present for approx. 1-2 seconds until the extension actually connects to the line. The line and the conversation are clear. / There is continuous static coming out over the paging system / Continuous static on Music on Hold path. ETC.
All Two Way Audio functions fine without any static.
Has anyone experienced this problem or have any suggestions?
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Static on One Way Audio - 09/28/12 04:19 PM
buy a ground loop isolator at radio shack and install between music on hold source and ksu moh input and see if buzz goes away case grounding the music source is a good idea too ...
Posted By: JEFF M. Re: Static on One Way Audio - 09/28/12 05:53 PM
Shawn

Thank you for the advice but the customer has no Music Soure.
Everything connected to the system (except power)has been disconnected at some point during the troubleshooting process.
If it was a power issue I would think that the static would occur on the Two Way audio functions of the system as well.
The problem started approx. 4 weeks ago.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Static on One Way Audio - 09/28/12 06:19 PM
Short the MOH and BGM inputs. What changed 4 weeks ago? What was added, moved, upgraded, downgraded, 'improved', what ever. ESPECIALLY near the telephone system. Don't forget things like fans, new air handlers, copying machines, Radio dispatch system, cell phone booster antenna, etc. In all probability, the KSU is being flooded with some sort of electrical interference.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Static on One Way Audio - 10/01/12 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by JEFF M.
Shawn

Thank you for the advice but the customer has no Music Soure.
Everything connected to the system (except power)has been disconnected at some point during the troubleshooting process.
If it was a power issue I would think that the static would occur on the Two Way audio functions of the system as well.
The problem started approx. 4 weeks ago.

I had this issue on a dual 1232-6 on some of the ports on slave cabinet I lifted x connect on frame pluged in a testar plug at the frame ports were fine tried changing pair on frame and still buzz on audio so I moved ext to a new ports on master and cleared the issue narrowed it down to a ports on the card
Posted By: JEFF M. Re: Static on One Way Audio - 10/17/12 03:51 AM
Thank you guys for the recommendations. We have tried all of these things and more. Nothing has changed in the building. The static has gotten worse (louder) since my first post. Does anyone have any other recommendations?
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Static on One Way Audio - 10/18/12 04:28 PM
got a spare ksu ?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help