atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kyawa TA1232 software on Windows 7 Professional - 01/13/13 07:15 PM
I need help installing and running the programming for the TA2132 on a new Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine. I tried the compatibility mode without success.

Also, following another search, I copied the Hyperterminal exe and dll to the machine. It runs and works but when you save and try to use the saved file, it bombs. Can anyone help me? Thanks
All that SW is 32 bit.
All that SW is 32 bit.
Posted By: Kyawa Re: TA1232 software on Windows 7 Professional - 01/13/13 10:28 PM
Is there a 3rd party that will work?
Let me think. I believe the TA was discontinued in 2003. I have a DOS and Windows version of the software that works...in XP or lower. I have an XP box because Nortel software doesn't work in anything higher than XP.

So, rather than asking if you can work "old" system software in Win7, why not invest $100 or so dollars in an "old" laptop to run the software?

Seems to be a lot simpler solution.

Carl
Yep I keep an older "like new" Dell Latitude D600 laptop running XP SP3. Built in serial port for ease, new power supply and hard drive. Paid $100 for it with 30 day warranty. I run all older maintenance programs on it...works fine and lasts a long time.

Posted By: Kyawa Re: TA1232 software on Windows 7 Professional - 01/14/13 12:07 AM
I got it to install in run is a virtual machine called XP Mode. The software is installed on the clients machine at their location. I use Jump Desktop to connect to that machine. This way I don't have to travel to the site to make changes to the system and/or the VM box. I'm still having problem with the ports as I don't think they installed the driver for the USB adapter. Once I get that figured out, it's all down hill. Thanks for the responses.
I am thinking the USB drivers extracted from the later version (ver3.001) of KX-TAConsole could work.

Try that.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: TA1232 software on Windows 7 Professional - 01/29/13 03:57 PM
If it were me i'dd pop in a stock modem
never sold a td or ta without one !!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help