atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MichaelV TVS50 won't play night message - 02/28/13 11:53 PM
I have a TVS50 on a KX-TD816 that for some reason refuses to play custom service 2. I have checked both day(custom 1)and night(custom 2)recordings in mailbox 998 and both are correct. Port settings in TVS are set for both ports to play custom 1 and 2 for day and night respectively. TVS is set for pbx control. In day mode, calls intercept to TVS and custom 1 plays. In night mode TVS answers right away, just plays custom 1. Manually logging into mailbox 999 and forcing night mode, still plays custom 1. I have cycled power on both 816 and TVS. What in the world am I missing here?
Posted By: EV607797 Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/01/13 03:07 AM
What form of integration do you have set up in the TD? Is it APITS, DPITS or nothing? I'm still baffled as to why when you force it into night mode that it doesn't switch, but maybe your integration in the KSU is wrong?
Posted By: MichaelV Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/01/13 02:58 PM
DPITS. And this is something that was working for them until they said last November when she tried to record a Thanksgiving message in custom 2. Didn't take. They have had this system for a years.
Posted By: brokeda Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/01/13 03:08 PM
Sure they are all CS and not Comp Greeting.?
Posted By: MichaelV Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/01/13 05:28 PM
Yes, all set to custom service greetings. Not sure when this changed, or maybe all TVS50s are this way, but it has no option to set or record a company greeting, only custom service. By default, I think it uses user prompt 1 for day, and user prompt 2 for night, and the "good morning, afternoon, evening" prompts 248, 249, 250, then prompt 819, all of which can be turned off. I'll have to go back in and make sure they are turned off. I think when I was looking at this, night mode was set to user 1 so maybe that is the issue. It's been so long since we installed these on a regular basis, I've forgotten more than I still remember...
Posted By: MichaelV Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/02/13 12:13 AM
Well, went back to the customers site today and was able to get it to follow a schedule, and/or be forced into manual night. Basically, one of my other techs had recorded a day greeting on user 1, prompt 819. Once I deleted that greeting and then turned off the prompt, it started working. However, it still won't follow the night button when set to pbx control. I verified DPITS setting. Customer is happy with this, but I'm still wondering why it won't work.
Posted By: OBT Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/02/13 08:56 AM
I dont know about the USA, but our older versions of the kxtd, the pbx control was not supported and had to use the week table in the VM to get it to change to night
Posted By: ShawnC Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/06/13 01:04 PM
what rev ksu is the one in question only late model td had pbx control and not all tvs knew what to do with pbx control
Posted By: MichaelV Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/06/13 05:45 PM
Customer swears it was following the button all along, but my suspicion is that it was on a schedule and they just didn't know it. Not sure what rev it is but I'm guessing you guys have it correct.

Thanks for the replies!
Posted By: ShawnC Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/07/13 12:41 AM
If this is a early td and if it was like any installer i know the tvs had its own night mode and customer thought they were evoking night mode on the tvs by putting td into night mode.
Posted By: brokeda Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/07/13 10:47 PM
TVS nite is Automatic Mode. Can be forced via Admin mailbox.
Automatic ignores PBX mode from TD system.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: TVS50 won't play night message - 03/07/13 11:14 PM
not on original tvs 75 100 200
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help