atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gary Ferguson call all extentions - 09/30/13 12:56 AM
I am trying to setup a ta824 in my home and would like to be able for one extension to ring selected other extensions all at the same time. I cant figure out how to make this happen correctly.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: call all extentions - 09/30/13 02:38 AM
Rube Goldberg lives! The 824 has no ring groups, per se, so you have to either come in via DISA or tie a station to a trunk and ring that station, ringing the phones programmed for that trunk.

With DISA, you can tailor the digits to go to specific ring groups, but an extension can only be in one ring group. You'll
pay a 3 dB penalty for tying a trunk to a station, but it's not going to matter on such short loops. You may also have a supervision problem as the system can't see the disconnect. Not a huge deal as you can manually release a no answer.

Carl

Carl
Posted By: Gary Ferguson Re: call all extentions - 10/01/13 04:44 AM
I already have supervision problems! LOL Not sure how the DISA would be setup thanks for your help
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: call all extentions - 10/01/13 06:59 AM
Just a couple of steps to set up DISA, you define AA for answer, assign the digits to ring phones, as in dial "3" for ring group 1, and record your greeting from the phone connected to jack 01.

You are still going to have to connect an extension to a trunk that is defined as a DISA trunk. It answers on the first ring, plays the message, and lets you dial a digit or some other function.

Lots of fun.

Carl
Posted By: brokeda Re: call all extentions - 10/01/13 03:12 PM
Get a TDA50.
Posted By: OBT Re: call all extentions - 10/01/13 07:46 PM
If this is internal call you could do a all page
Posted By: Gary Ferguson Re: call all extentions - 10/02/13 11:15 PM
all page only works with the PT phones right?
Posted By: OBT Re: call all extentions - 10/03/13 07:16 AM
Yes. Only other thing you could do is a spare extension with a few small bells on it at different locations you ring that extension and whoever wants to answer the call can do a pickup
Posted By: Gary Ferguson Re: call all extentions - 10/03/13 07:55 PM
DOES TDA50 DO CALL ALL EXTENSIONS FROM AN EXTENSION?
Posted By: Gary Ferguson Re: call all extentions - 10/04/13 01:19 AM
I set up the extension to a empty co port and it works okay except the extension dialed rings about for times in my ear before it actually rings the phones? Any way to make it ring right away? I have looked through the programing and tried a few things but nothing makes a change.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: call all extentions - 10/04/13 03:38 AM
Start with the basics. My 824 out of the box works on first ring, so look for things that can delay the ring. The trunk needs to be taken OUT of cid. It needs to be connected in 400, and you need to not have any ring delay in the programming.

So, in the MC, make sure that you have unchecked CID in 9.1 and set ring on CO3, or whichever, in 3.2 to Immedate for the extensions you want to ring.

I think that's about all you need.

Carl
Posted By: Gary Ferguson Re: call all extentions - 10/04/13 03:52 PM
thanks that was it i turned off caller id for that co and it rings right away.
Posted By: Gary Ferguson Re: call all extentions - 10/04/13 03:55 PM
I came from a voicepro but it was kinda buggy and this ta824 is able to use the antique phones I have pulse dial and all!
Posted By: Gary Ferguson Re: call all extentions - 10/04/13 09:53 PM
since i did the caller this now i cant pick up a line with 9 I get a dial tone but when i dial i get a fast busy. Not sure what I changed in trying to figure out the other thing to make it do this. I can select a line by 83 but not by 9
ps i mostely do my programing with a computer attached via usb cable.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: call all extentions - 10/04/13 10:14 PM
I have been installing Panasonic systems since 1985, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. RTFM! Here's a gentle hint: Start in the programming manual at 400. The next 24 instructions detail how the trunks are programmed. One specific command tells you which lines are assigned to Automatic Designated C.O. access. Disable 3.

Carl
Posted By: Gary Ferguson Re: call all extentions - 10/04/13 10:28 PM
I have been reading the manual but find it hard to understand. It uses alot of abbreviations and not explain what they mean. But thanks for your help. I must have clicked on something in trying to make the call all extensions work.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: call all extentions - 10/15/13 06:46 PM
each double ring you hear in the handset is only interpreted as one ring by the 824 !
Posted By: ShawnC Re: call all extentions - 10/15/13 06:47 PM
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help