atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mcdsecurity kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/05/13 03:25 PM
I have a kx-tda50 and I just put in a dlc 4 expansion card part number kx tda5171. And its not working.do I have to program it or sonething .thanks for your time
Posted By: ShawnC Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/05/13 04:40 PM
yes yes you must connect with maint console and drag and drop a 4dlc card into the slot you've installed the card into and then you must put it into service!!
Posted By: mcdsecurity Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 01:49 AM
Ok what if they didn't send me the software.is there anyway to do it.or do I have to biy the software.
Posted By: 94astro Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 06:12 AM
The TDA50 probably isn't registered, if it isn't only the 2 built-in cards works. The DLC4 won't work without registering the system.
Posted By: mcdsecurity Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 01:16 PM
One last question.I register it with the software right.
Posted By: TA in KC Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 03:52 PM
Kind of...you register the system on the Panacare dealer website, where it gives you the ROM file....then use the maintenance console to load the file into the system to complete the registration.

Can't tell from your profile if you're an end-user or an installer....but you'll likely either need to call a tech to help you or get certified on the system before you'll be able to do this.
Posted By: mcdsecurity Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 04:52 PM
Well I sent a thing to be an Installer.I'm new to using panasonic and so far I'm not happy with it.but thanks for all your help
Posted By: TA in KC Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 05:10 PM
You'll be much happier with the equipment if you complete the certification and read the manuals before attempting to install it. smile

In the mean time I'd recommend calling an experienced tech so you can get your customer going while you wait to see if your dealer application is approved...
Posted By: mcdsecurity Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 05:17 PM
I'd love to if my suppler would have told me I needed to be certified to use it.
Posted By: brokeda Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 05:28 PM
Nothing wrong with the system unless you don't read the manual and don't have the Console. It comes with the switch.
If your seller did not give it to you, call and get it.
You can't judge a book until you have read it.
Posted By: brokeda Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 05:33 PM
Do your home work. Maybe they will register it for you, for a fee.
Posted By: brokeda Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 05:37 PM
If you applied to be an installer then you would know about the registration.
Posted By: mcdsecurity Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 05:54 PM
Again as i just said my suppler didn't tell me I needed to register it. I was using xblue but I needed a system with a door station and found panasonic.I didn't no u needed to be an installer till I installed it and it didn't work and then called panasonic.and they told me.so don't tell me to do my homework I've been in bussiness for 22 years qnd I read the manuel.
Posted By: brokeda Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 07:25 PM
Bootleg supplier?

They sell you stuff and then , surprise!!!

Anyway it's a great system. Hard to beat for wireless coverage in a home or Biz. Most bootleggers register and then sell.
It may be already done. Get the console, it comes with the system, unless it's used.

There are 4 manuals, Hardware, install and program, features, operations.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 08:01 PM
pm sent
Posted By: TA in KC Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by mcdsecurity
Again as i just said my suppler didn't tell me I needed to register it.

I have a hard time believing that reputable distributor was even willing to sell it to you. Authorized distributors like Teledynamics, ADI, Graybar, etc aren't allowed to sell any of the TDA equipment to installers who aren't certified on it.

If the system wasn't pre-registered by the supplier (there's tons of bootlegged TDAs on eBay) and your dealer application gets approved, you're going to run into a problem when you try to register it. Panasonic requires that you purchase equipment only from their authorized distributors....to enforce this rule they make you tell them where you bought it when you register it.

If I were you, I'd try to return the one you have and purchase another from an legitimate distrubutor - then you won't have to worry about any problems with registration or the warranty still being intact.

The TDA is a great system and once you figure it out I think you'll be very happy with it. smile
Posted By: ShawnC Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 08:21 PM
unless things have change any dealer can reg / rereg a system as long as you have a legit rom id you can chose any distributor in drop down menu !!
Posted By: brokeda Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 10:16 PM
This is why I keep running into Pan systems thrown on the wall and left without even Deso's or proper training.

Im talking about TDA50 , NCP also. Of course asked about the system the customer say it POS. Asked what they need , it does it all. The installer had no clue. No wonder they are buying VOIP and Hosted
Posted By: ShawnC Re: kx-TDA 50 dlc 4 card won't work. - 11/06/13 10:40 PM
Yes Panasonic went from one extreme to another and back again to try to keep the KX-TD,TDA and off the grey market but ADI at one point was moving more KX-TD gear than Graybar and we all know who
ADI caters to alarm companies .....the internet killed a lot of small interconnect companies because any customer could find wholesale pricing and It got to the point that you had little chance of a proper markup on your gear as far as VoIP and hosted can you really blame soho companies for moving in that direction
because of the amount of trunk slammers there are out there now that have held customers hostage?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help