atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Crazy Canadian Caller ID on Panasonic KX-T7425 phone - 05/13/14 05:51 PM
Purchased an AT&T 326 Caller ID box (as the KX-T7425 don't have caller id display), however, I can't get the caller id to work.
We do subscribe (via Comcast Business) to caller id services.
If I plug the phone line into the caller id box and then to the KX-T7425 phone, the phone doesn't work at all. If I plug the caller id box into the KX-T7425 port (on top) it doesn't pick up.

Anyone have a quick solution?
This is for our church...so our expertise is limited.
Posted By: TA in KC Re: Caller ID on Panasonic KX-T7425 phone - 05/13/14 06:01 PM
Don't know what type of control unit you're using, but would guess it's an KX-TD816 or 1232 if you're using 74xx phones. Those systems can't pass CID to SLT devices (like a CID box) without a rare and expensive add-on module. And that's assuming you also have a CID card installed inside the cabinet.

Without that module (it's so rare I can't even remember the model number), the only way to make that CID box work would be wiring it ahead of the system. Assuming you have a CID card installed in the control unit (can you see CID on other display phones?) I'd recommend just replacing the 7425 phone with a display model. Would be a lot less work and expense.
Thanks. None of the other phones on the system have a display panel, so without digging deeper to find out whether we have the CID card installed...we may just have to go without CID.

Thanks for the quick and informative answer.

~Rob
Posted By: OBT Re: Caller ID on Panasonic KX-T7425 phone - 05/14/14 08:22 PM
you could put the cid box on the line before the system if you don't have cid card in the system, if you had a spare pare of wires you could put it beside the phone
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help