atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: challengeday KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/23/14 06:30 PM
This may be easier to work through if I can contract you directly. Would love to have someone I can call when I have problems. My phone guy is no longer reachable frown I can get around the system but I am not a trained technician.

We recently upgraded to a KX-TVA 50. We started experiencing problems we never had before (voicemail system busy or not answering). I was told we needed a port expansion card, so I got one and installed one with the help of a friend that does outside wiring. However, we are still having problems.

The system is showing 4 ports as Ready, and I can see the incoming calls showing up, but then it seems like ports 1 & 2 are not letting go and "Incoming Call" gets stuck.

Any ideas? Any leads? Happy to pay someone for support if that's what I need. Thank you!
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/23/14 06:49 PM
What Phone system?
Digital or analog integration?
You buy digital or analog expansion card.
Program phone system for other ports?
ETC, ETC.
Posted By: challengeday Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/23/14 06:55 PM
KX-TDA100 - PBX
KX-TVA50 - Voicemail

Only one phone system connected to one voicemail system.
Not sure about digital or analog. How do I tell?
Posted By: challengeday Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/23/14 07:25 PM
I bought this card: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F5OUAG/
After installation we tested and did troubleshooting until we could successfully get a 4 simultaneous calls to the voicemail system working.
We have a mix of KX-T625 and KX-T7633 phones. No VOIP.
The system console is running on Windows 7 but is also having problems backing up.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/24/14 12:18 AM
So it's digital, with the 4-pin cables connected to ports 1 and 3 and IIRC consecutive ports on the PBX, or at the very least port 1 is the lowest port on the switch.

Carl
Posted By: challengeday Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/24/14 04:23 AM
Integration Mode is DPT.
Now what I get when I turn it on is
RUN light green and steady for a few moments
ALARM light red comes on for a few moments and then goes off
RUN light blinking
All ports are off and when I open them they go back to off.
I've removed the expansion card to simplify and still same behavior. I've also restarted several times and reset twice.
Posted By: challengeday Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/24/14 07:51 AM
I initialized the VPS using the mode switch and still has problems. When I turn it on the RUN light is steady for about 10 seconds, then the ALARM light is stead for about 10 seconds and then the RUN light blinks in sets of 16 and continues blinking indefinitely.
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/24/14 06:23 PM
When you initialize you must go in and set up for phone system and integration mode and plug into ports that are set for VM
Posted By: brokeda Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/24/14 06:26 PM
No phone techs in Calif.???
Why not just call in a qualified tech and set it up right.
Do you have access t the TDA100?
Do you even know if the VM ports are set right?
Posted By: Otoni79 Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/25/14 07:01 AM
I agree with Brokeda.

PLEASE, call up a nearby Tech for help.

It's really not that hard.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/25/14 10:50 PM
TDA are easy systems. You need help. Call a tech to get it done correctly before you make more problems.
Posted By: challengeday Re: KX-TVA 50 Problems - 05/27/14 04:38 PM
Thanks brokeda, WTL, hitechcomm. Cannot find a nearby tech. I keep looking, on the Panasonic site, Yelp, Google Maps, Yellow Pages. Lots of dead ends, or techs that say they are going to come out and then don't. My tech that I used to have moved to San Diego. The guy he left his business people to here doesn't return my calls. It's so frustrating.

I had the old TVS-125 we had before upgrading to TDA-50 and plugged it in, worked perfectly. That's what got me over the weekend.

Yes, I know the VM ports are set right because they were working for months.

Is it possible to hire someone remotely?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help