atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: elja, Inc. Swapping out a TVS50 - 05/27/14 12:39 PM
Hello,

Our office had a TVS50 paired with a TA624 system. The TVS50 died on us. Not sure of the problem. I obtained a refurbed TVS50 and need to set it up. I tried to follow the directions here:

[url=https://www.voiceprocessor.info/review-50.htm][/url]

However I could not get communication to work through the null modem cable. I think it is the fact that I am using a PC that does not have a serial port, but tried a IOGear GUC232 USB to serial cable. I know the guide listed above saya that the USB cable will not work, but I thought I'd still give it a try. Are there any tricks to using a USB-RS232 converter cable?

I guess I will have to find a PC with a serial port, right?

I want to set up the system as a simple answering machine to leave messages.

Any other guides or tips would be appreciated. I am not an experienced installer, but an IT person in our company.

Mike
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Swapping out a TVS50 - 05/27/14 01:08 PM
Don't tell my XP Media Center box that the GUC won't work, it might stop :-)

It's a straight through connection. You might want to review the TVS instructions to make sure that you're set in hypertrm to 9600,n,8,1 and that it defaults to those parameters.

Outside of that, it should work, unless the TVS is defective.

Carl
Posted By: elja, Inc. Re: Swapping out a TVS50 - 05/28/14 01:07 AM
I'm connecting the serial cable to the TVS50 or to the TA624? So you are saying I should use a straight through cable and not a null modem cable? I have hyperterm set up to the right parameters, along with no flow control.

Posted By: brokeda Re: Swapping out a TVS50 - 05/28/14 03:54 AM
plug in serial cable to tvs with power off.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help