atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello,

Does anyone out there have any experience or insight into how Panasonic phones might work with with the Magic Jack product? We have 4 phone lines, obviously it would require 4 magic jacks. Would this even work? I know Internet connectivity is required, so that means if the internet service goes down, so does the phones. Chime in anyone.

Thanks
Mike
I have tested Magicjack on the KX-TDA50 System and it works fine. I have not used it in a work inviroment but from a testing stand point. If I go in and setup a system at a new business and there are no CO Lines available, this is what I use to test the systems I install tomake sure everything is good so when the Telco comes in and sets the CO Lines all I have to do is plug in and go.

kkell11400
I'll try to be as subtle as I can.

I have two tin cans and a string that I use to talk to the kid across the back yard. Will it work?

My office box, a TAW-848 has a POTS line, an 8x8 (nee Packet 8), an Ooma box (still completely free) and a Verizon Wireless Home Connect box as the 4 lines on my system. They all work and I have free long distance on every one but the POTS line.

The ONLY time I installed TWO Magic Jack Plus lines on the same account was in a hospitality environment where he created a dial 8 guest long distance group for calling out. They didn't play very nicely together, so I'm thinking that FOUR of them would play worse.

Carl
I have one Magic Jack Plus installed with 4 POTS lines at my office on KX-TA624. It works. Also have a customer with 2 POTS lines and a Magic Jack Plus on a KX-TA824. As for the additional lines via multiple MJ+ - you probably would be more concerned with the network traffic and QOS settings to make sure the voice traffic has priority. Each of the Magic Jacks will of course get a bit more complex for the traffic on the wan side and band width.
I had MJ a while ago but the voice quality sucks. I run 2 free ooma lines, cable voip line, a google voice and a callcentric line all play nice with my TDA-50. I don't use more than 2 line simulantanously but rarely have call issues and if I do, 9/10 its the internet. I would avoid MJ and look elsewhere for VOIP!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help