atcomsystems.ca/forum
I need to add an external loudspeaker to one extension in my warehouse. I am using a KX-TDA200 PBX system and a KX-DT343 phone, and have a self amplified loudspeaker/bullhorn. How do i make it work as just an external speaker for that one extension only?
If your digital ext is on a DHLC you can use the SLT port of the hybrid card and program it in parallel mode. When the digital ext is dialed the SLT will ring also, but will there be enough ringing voltage to come across the speaker is another thing.
Just hook speaker of phone to talk path of horn/speaker. You will get Ringing and Voice pages when phone is idle and off hook ring. User just cant use the speakerphone. Speaker will need to be away from the phone somewhat for intercom calls if they are voice, to control feedback from mic. Get around that by making the phone ring on ICM calls. Put that phone in a page group by itself for one way pages.
Viking make a unit just for this (PA2A) About $60.00
Has separate volume control you can place by the phone.
but then do i connect the loudspeaker to the SLT port?
or should i just use the external paging port and set the one extension to its own paging group? not sure if that will ring when extension is called fro CO
Read previous post slowly.

If page port is available that would work.
so i installed an external paging amplifier (university sound 1100-10) and two VTF-152UCN
Voice/Toneā„¢ Recessed Compression Driver Loudspeaker 25V 15W to the system using the 2 ext paging ports on the TDE200. I have been able to assign a floating extension number to each port (655 & 656), but it only sends a tone, no ability to speak and unable to get the pt extensions (208 & 217) to ring the loudspeakers.... what have i overlooked?

Thanks for all your help!
Why put 2 page ports on 1 page amp??
Sounds like you need a tech company to come out.
there are two separate warehouses that are on opposite ends of property. also the amplifier is a 2 channel amp.
If I read first post right, then 2 phones (old) would work. Tie speaker to page inputs. Put them in a Page Group. They will voice page when page Group is called. They will ring when Ring group is called or line DIL'ed to them.
They will ring when ICM signaled, they will page voice when Voice paged. Both or individually.
Looping an SLT port back into system could work also.
You need to know system and programming.

You might expound on what you want:: eg- I do this, I want this to happen etc,etc Include all steps and scenarios.
the phones are kx-dt321's at ext 208 and 217, external pager is set to floating extensions 655 & 656. 208 belongs to ext group 3, 217 belongs to ext group 4. external pager 1 is on ext group 3, external pager 2 is on ext group 4. when i page 655, all i get is a tone from the loudspeaker (flat tone matching the ringing from pt i'm paging from) and nothing from 208 pt. when i page or call 208 i get nothing from loudspeaker.
Dialing a digital will ONLY call the diital ext, it will never activate the page port.

The page port will work if set up right. Call in a Panasonic tech.
Maybe your amp is weird? Can you voice page with a butt set?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help