atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Motohead TDA50 cant pick up non ringing calls - 08/22/14 04:15 PM
So I got sucked into moving a TDA50/TVA (they think because I'm an old DBS guy I must know all Panasonic)anyway the move went fine added a door-phone controller relay and strike all working fine the customer wanted an additional phone connected. I programmed keys through maintenance consul all OK except when a call comes in you can't press the line key on the new phone to get the call (phone doesn't ring)is that the way the system works or am I missing something? pick up key? Program the phone to ring and turn down/off the ringer?
Posted By: brokeda Re: TDA50 cant pick up non ringing calls - 08/22/14 04:54 PM
Incoming / outgoing access?
Posted By: Bopper Re: TDA50 cant pick up non ringing calls - 08/22/14 06:12 PM
Is this the only phone that doesn't ring? Do others ring? What are the CO lines DIL to? If they go to an ICD group look at groups > incoming call distribution groups to see what phones ring and add the new ext to the group. You can have it ring or not ring but if it's a member of a group and the person can hear the other phones ring they can press the CO button and answer the call. If the TVA answers the incoming calls then look to see if any custom services are programmed and if any of the options route to an ICD group. If so then do what I wrote above to add the new ext.
Posted By: Motohead Re: TDA50 cant pick up non ringing calls - 08/22/14 09:12 PM
bopper Yes all other phones ring. So if its not in a group you cant press a co line button to pick up an incoming call correct?

brokeda Does the default station config require you to turn on inbound access?

Thanks for the replies guys
Posted By: brokeda Re: TDA50 cant pick up non ringing calls - 08/22/14 11:59 PM
all ph have line Keys? Do those keys flash?
You're on the right path. By default, the ICD group may or may not have all the extensions listed. If you don't list them, they won't appear, and you can tell that because when a call comes in on a line that appears on the new phone, it will be solid red.
Once you add it to the ICD, you can define how it rings/doesn't ring. Just add the new extension to the proper ICD and pick your state.

Carl
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help