atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have logged in as message manager and verified that the message waiting indicator light is enabled. I don't know how to tell the system who's extension to light up. My extension 101 person will be acting as message manager. How to I cause her light to come on when there is a message in the general delivery mailbox?
1. Select System Parameters and click on extension group tab.
2. Click on the ADD button above Group List No.
3. Enter 100 as group list number and select OK
4. Click on the ADD button above Extension No.
5. Add all extensions into this group 100
6. Select Mailbox Settings and click on add mailbox
7. Add mailbox 100 and assign extension 100 to this mailbox.
8. Select Class of Service and set options to maximum or appropriate for your application
9. Select Port/Trunk Service and Service Group No.1*
10. Select Custom Service Menu 1 as Incoming Service on All 4 modes (day-night-lunch-break)
11. Select Service Settings and click on Custom Service tab
12. Click and drag Day Control to the grid; you should have CS No. 1 (day control) window
13. Click and check all boxes (Sun ~ Sat, Holiday)
14. Double click on Assign Operation box and select Trf to Mbx (transfer to mailbox) option.
15. Enter mailbox number 100 as Value on (Sun ~ Sat, Holiday)
16. Click on OK when you are finished
Put a MSSG button for ext 100 on all phones to get Messg./
The key is to keep messages out of the GDM. In 5 years or so, I have yet to have one go into the box, and if it does, it's just there for 5 minutes or less. I let all the calls go into mailbox 100 or 101. It's fairly easy to make the operator be the final place for all messages that don't go to a specific extension.

Awesome. I will give it a shot! Thanks.
Originally Posted by brokeda
1. Select System Parameters and click on extension group tab.
2. Click on the ADD button above Group List No.
3. Enter 100 as group list number and select OK
4. Click on the ADD button above Extension No.
5. Add all extensions into this group 100
6. Select Mailbox Settings and click on add mailbox
7. Add mailbox 100 and assign extension 100 to this mailbox.
8. Select Class of Service and set options to maximum or appropriate for your application
9. Select Port/Trunk Service and Service Group No.1*
10. Select Custom Service Menu 1 as Incoming Service on All 4 modes (day-night-lunch-break)
11. Select Service Settings and click on Custom Service tab
12. Click and drag Day Control to the grid; you should have CS No. 1 (day control) window
13. Click and check all boxes (Sun ~ Sat, Holiday)
14. Double click on Assign Operation box and select Trf to Mbx (transfer to mailbox) option.
15. Enter mailbox number 100 as Value on (Sun ~ Sat, Holiday)
16. Click on OK when you are finished
Put a MSSG button for ext 100 on all phones to get Messg./

If I want the messages to go to an existing mailbox (101), can I just do steps 14-16? She is the receptionist and will act as the operator. Although, I couldn't find where to designate her as operator or know if I need to.
are the lines ringing only her phone?

If so dil lines to her phone, then CF NA her phone to voice mail
day and Immed Night.
No all phones are ringing.
Then follow the cheat sheet provided.

Does any other box get messages?

Does only 101 get messages and then distribute to others?
What phone system? How are calls getting to the general delivery mailbox, and what is the general delivery mailbox number?
Yes, if a call comes in and no one answers it, it goes to the General Delivery Mailbox. The Message Manager (998) can retrieve it. I would like to light up a vm indicator light (or program a button with a light to turn on when a mail comes into it.

Brokeda, I read your instructions but was hoping to simplify since 101 is the receptionist and will be the one to distribute vm to others.

I appologize for my lack of understanding, I don't have a lot of panasonic experience. I have worked on Avaya systems for the past 12 years. This is a different animal from what I am used to.
You picked the worst system to "train" on. The 824 is missing a lot of features, and how it handles VM integration is tops on the list (the benefit of reading ahead). When you set up custom service menus in the TVA, you can make sure that the GDM NEVER receives a call. If you work around the "100 as answering machine" instructions, you can figure out how to make a CS menu and that's the key to dumping all the messages in a mailbox. It will do the same for 101. Smiple :-)

Worst case, and I remember this from a long time ago, the TVA can forward messages in a shorter time (used to be 5 minutes on a TVS) to any mailbox you choose. Hmmm, forward messages from the GDM to 101 perhaps?

Just a thought.

Carl
Try putting an Other ext Mesg Wait key for 998 on 101.
Or tell system to move Messg from 998 to 101, there will be a 5 min delay.

Or go to TVA: Service Settings,Parameters,Automated Attendant,Operator Service, Operator Service for Day etc

In this area you can set up to 3 operators for each mode and set their mailbox and other options.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help