atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EV607797 Memory full on TVA50 - 07/25/18 05:14 AM
We have a customer that we found was hacked, resulting in the usual notification numbers to the Philippines, etc. I got rid of all of that stuff, but the system memory report still shows it being at 100% full. The customer says that they've been receiving calls from the system warning them of it being over 80% capacity for a while. I ran a mailbox report and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but I had them delete all of their old messages, which allowed enough memory for the system to run.

Still, they are not able to re-record any custom service menu recordings. Something is eating up all of the system's memory that I can't see. I don't know if it might be log files, or deleted messages still in there, or something else. Someone suggested the installation of a memory expansion, but the customer isn't having any part of that. They're only using about ten mailboxes with moderate message traffic. Is there somewhere in the system's utilities where I can go to delete unnecessary files in order to free up space?
Posted By: C5Z Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 07/26/18 02:13 AM
When you delete old messages, the system still retains them until 1:00 am the next day, then it will purge them out. You can also delete the prompts under Guidance 2 (Spanish?) that will free up some space.

Kevin
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 07/26/18 03:05 AM
I agree about the 1:00 AM cleanup, and it actually worked for another customer with this issue. I believe that there are over 100 deleted messages in mailbox 101 if I recall correctly. They don't show up in the mailbox report, but if you go in as a user and listen to new, saved and deleted messages, they are there. I'm sure that those deleted messages that are hanging on are what is eating up the memory. I wish there was a way to delete them manually, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Deleting the Spanish prompts sounds like a good idea for creating space too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 07/26/18 03:09 PM
You can speed up the deleting the deleted files by changing they system time to 12:58 AM and was a few minutes. Don't forget to change the time back.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 07/31/18 04:09 AM
I'm bumping this thread in hopes of getting a definitive answer. I'm sure that there are more members here with Panasonic experience, especially moderators.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 07/31/18 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by EV607797
I'm bumping this thread in hopes of getting a definitive answer. I'm sure that there are more members here with Panasonic experience, especially moderators.
bump
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 08/10/18 02:33 AM
Well, I guess I'll try bumping this question one more time. I usually come here to help answer questions and rarely ask. I'd really appreciate some feedback from someone before I have to abandon this customer.
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 08/10/18 03:06 PM
PM Sent
Posted By: Daniel Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 08/10/18 10:41 PM
You might do a memory card usage report and see what that turns up.

I don't remember what report gives you number of messages in mailbox, but it seems like it's not the one you first think of.

You might also look at message status report. Some box might have a lot of old messages that didn't get deleted.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 08/14/18 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by Daniel
You might do a memory card usage report and see what that turns up.

I don't remember what report gives you number of messages in mailbox, but it seems like it's not the one you first think of.

You might also look at message status report. Some box might have a lot of old messages that didn't get deleted.

Oh, there's no doubt that there are something like 1,036 deleted messages in mailbox 101. I can still listen to every single one of them, but there's no option for deleting them. I'm sure that's where the problem is. Why in the world would a system keep deleted messages after house cleaning time that night?
Posted By: C5Z Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 08/21/18 01:55 AM
My recommendation would be to upgrade the TVA50 to 3.11/3.15 if not already. Do a backup of the system parameters, custom greetings, company greetings and mailboxes, do not backup messages. Default the system and reload the database, this should not take more than 30 minutes. Send me a PM if you would like more info.

Kevin
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Memory full on TVA50 - 08/28/18 08:02 PM
How about using a bigger hammer?

Delete Box 101 and then reestablish it.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help