atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi All,

I just replaced the 18 year old Panasonic KX-TD816 in my home with a used one because the original had too much audio hum on the lines. I am using the original KX-T7433 proprietary phones with 3 line display.

I downloaded my configuration and the replacement fired right up and has clean audio. Everything seems to work except I can’t access System Features on the displays of my phones. That means I can’t view System Speed dial entries on the display and scroll through them to auto-dial. When I’m connected to the old switch the Shift key on the phone display is illuminated and I can switch between system features or contrast and background music. On the new switch the Shift key is not illuminated and I can’t change the display to System Features. The speed dial entries are in the system and I can access them in other ways but then I’d have to keep a printed list by the phone.

I have a full set of factory manuals but after about 8 hours of reading and trying things I can’t find any station programming to enable the System Features. I use Programmator software under WinXP to configure my switch.

My original switch had ROM version P311D00712A
The replacement switch has ROM version P301C80108A

The Panasonic tech manuals say it ought to just work with the proprietary phones.

Does anyone know the trick that I need to do to enable System Features on my phones? I would sure appreciate the help.
Any problem swapping the Proms between the two switches?

SuperHybrid8080

I believe it needs to be a -3 or higher to fully support 74XX phones.
Brokeda,

I'm not sure what you mean about a "-3", please expand on that.

SH8080
e attached

Attached File
Might be able to swap ROMS?
Brokeda

Thanks for that PDF. The ROM version numbering doesn't exactly follow the dash version numbering but I'll see if there's other markings on my switches that correlate.

I'm probably going to try swapping ROMS this week. I can see from my programming software that my original supports more settings than the replacement does.

SH8080
Thanks for the help Brokeda.

I swapped the PROMS from the original system into the replacement system and it restored access
to the System Features from the displays on my KT-7433 phones.

Fixed.

SH8080
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help