atcomsystems.ca/forum
I am trying to help a client remotely by phone to program the PT for external music on hold. I am in admin programming, entered 711 for MOH source, the display shows BGM-1 but from there I do not see the option to change the system from tone to external device. If I choose "select" the only option is tone. How do I change the setting from tone to external. I have confirmed the on-hold device is connected to the control unit MOH input jack.

Thanks,

Now that we know which model of telephone you are programming from...which KX-TDA system do you have?

I will look through some manuals on-line and see what I can find.
The KX-TDA 50 doesn't appear to be able to do Music-On-Hold, but Background Music only.

The KX-TDA 100/200 have two ports for Music-On-Hold:

• MOH1: External Music Source Port
  • MOH2: Selectable Internal/External Music Source port

Program 710 to select the Background Music Source, then use Program 711 and Program 712 for music on calls being transferred.

Let us know!
I'm working with a dentist office and neither of the contacts are helpful from a technical standpoint. There is a MOH/BGM port on the control unit that the on-hold device is connected to, but they could not tell me the model #. When I try and program 711 for Music-On-Hold there is only one option, and it's tone, from what the end user is telling me. Should there be an option in program 711 for external device, and how do I change the programming from tone to external?
Here is a link to the manual: KX-TDA

Pages 221/222 show that the music source is for Background Music and does NOT have the ability for Music on Hold for a KX-TDA50...and since you state it's in a dental office I would suspect that is the model they have, thus why the option isn't showing in programming.

Here is a link to the Feature Manual.

Page 191 states: [KX-TDA50] Only one external music port is available. If BGM is selected, it is possible to select whether external music
port, internal music port 1, or internal music port 2 is assigned to BGM.

Thus confirming that Music on Hold is not available.

DISCLAIMER: I have never seen a KX-TDA system, nor ever worked on one. However I gleaned this information from reading the manual and making deductions.

Perhaps someone else has a better answer?
TDA50 can do MOH. I have never done it from the phone programming. I know that there are 2 settings that must be changed in the panasonic to make it work. One is the MOH setting. The other is the BGM source (which would need to be changed to external.) Also need to be sure that the MOH device is plugged into the MOH port and not the Page port.
Originally Posted by Daniel
TDA50 can do MOH. I have never done it from the phone programming. I know that there are 2 settings that must be changed in the panasonic to make it work. One is the MOH setting. The other is the BGM source (which would need to be changed to external.) Also need to be sure that the MOH device is plugged into the MOH port and not the Page port.
In that case, as I stated earlier, Program 710 to select the Background Music Source, then use Program 711.

Does that sound correct?
That sounds correct, and a very very quick look at the referenced documents looks like you are spot on. I always do PC programming so I can make most current backups, so I am not sure about the programming via teleset.
Thanks for all the help guys!! The step I missed is Program 710 for BGM1 music source for external. Once I changed that Program 711 for MOH already had BGM1 as source.

Thanks again!!!
Good to hear.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help