atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Not_sirius Old TDA50 CID - 03/15/19 06:22 PM
I just installed a 5193 CID module on the COT4 card on an older TDA50 before the G model.
AT&T had all their lines out of service at the time so I could not test.
The customer now says that even after AT&T fixed all the lines that the CID does not show? I don't recall ever doing any additional programming to get this to work before? What have I missed?

This customer is about 90 miles out from here so I want to be sure I have whatever I need to get this done in one job.

Thanks for any light you can shed.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Old TDA50 CID - 03/15/19 07:39 PM
I just emailed them to be sure they are looking at RINGING phones for the CID and not just the blinking ones as I think this may be the cause of the complaint.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Old TDA50 CID - 03/15/19 11:41 PM
You may have it turned off in programing..... Also there are 3 types of Caller ID signals in North America wrong settings will stop it from working too!!
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Old TDA50 CID - 03/16/19 01:35 AM
Thanks Shawn,

Defaults protocols always worked in the past without doing anything. I must admit this was not my install and I did not look for anything weird deviating from the norm. I'll review the copy of the DYSYS before going.
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Old TDA50 CID - 03/16/19 08:22 PM
Idd have customer plug standard single line caller ID box or capable Cid cordless phone base into each C. O. LINE right in the demarc Jack's and see if info is coming thru .before pointing finger at equipment.... I've had issues with caller ID on tda 50G with voip lines....
Posted By: ShawnC Re: Old TDA50 CID - 03/16/19 08:28 PM
Did you give everyone a call log 601 button?
Posted By: C5Z Re: Old TDA50 CID - 03/17/19 01:33 AM
There is also a Caller ID wait timer, the default is 5 seconds. Making it shorter can cause Caller ID not to show.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Old TDA50 CID - 03/17/19 09:29 PM
Hi Shawn,

If there is a Call log key will the CID show on a station display on one that's in the ICD group but NOT set to ring at all?

C5Z, I would be surprised if the CID was changed but I'll look through the DSYS.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/11/19 08:44 PM
OK I finally got back. The CID problem was solved by merely re-seating the module. I rolled it with a known working one and it worked so I put the original one back and it's fine. I wish they would have had Dialtone when I was there the 1st time as I would have tried that right then. I must say the clips make them much easier to put in than remove.

Of course no good deed goes unpunished. They ALL want CID so I made them all ring and they turned down the ringers if they didn't want to hear it. HOWEVER....... They also have DSS keys for all the extensions and now complain that the lights flash too much when calls come in.

I can't think of any way around THIS though???? .
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/11/19 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Not_sirius
HOWEVER....... They also have DSS keys for all the extensions and now complain that the lights flash too much when calls come in.

I can't think of any way around THIS though???? .

Easy, install a new DSS console next to the original and don't program it ring on incoming calls and place a piece of black construction paper over the bothersome DSS unit.
Or just have them unplug the original DSS then it starts getting overwhelming.
Posted By: C5Z Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/12/19 12:08 AM
Go into 2.9 (System.Systems Options), select Option tab 4 and set "DSS key mode for incoming call" to Off.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/12/19 04:04 AM
Thanks Professor Shadow.

Clever work around. laugh

Sweartagawd, I need to use bigger hammers. I especially like the tape part though. Same as the passenger seatbelt alarm in my truck.

Sorry if I was unclear about the configuration.

There are no DSS consoles. Each of the dt543 phones has 8 flex keys programmed as DSS key to facilitate transfers. All 8 keys flash as each referenced station rings.

I'm still open for any other work arounds though. ponder
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/12/19 03:16 PM
Perhaps something like this?

🕶️
Posted By: Daniel Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/12/19 04:15 PM
you could change the button type to "one touch" and make it the extension numbers. (I don't know what else this will break though).
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/12/19 06:55 PM
C5Z Brilliant! Thanks for the pointer!

Hey Prof....

From the graphic, are you saying I should use this reference to REBOOT?

Yer killin' me here
[Linked Image from sirius-business.com]

I hope I'm not the only one who remembers this great animated series.
Posted By: Daniel Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/12/19 07:02 PM
I have also been told that you can upgrade a regular 50 into a "G" with a firmware upgrade (if you go to the latest you should be able to use the 5xx series phones, but will have to re-register the system)
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/12/19 08:21 PM
I didn't check the firmware but the 543's are working fine?

I love the remark about the "cloud" I always ask what happens to the cloud if it suddenly gets sunny? Besides even with a hot connection recovery of 200 GB takes TIME²
Posted By: Daniel Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/12/19 08:24 PM
If 543s are working then it is on the latest software so even if the hardware is older all the programming should be the newer style and have all of the fancy options. We still have a customer on non G firmware, and its programming is very different looking.
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Old TDA50 CID - 04/13/19 05:51 PM
I went to respond but the last 3 posts apparently went to BIT HEAVEN so I don't know what just happened to the rest of this thread, but the point is.......

CZ5 's 2,9,4 was the Key.
[Linked Image from sirius-business.com]

Thank you to EVERYONE here for your guidance.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help