atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EV607797 TDE 600 off-premise foward situation - 05/01/19 04:47 PM
Recently, we switched service providers on an existing TDE600. After the fact, we found that the original service provider (CenturyLink) had made an exception to traditional PRI routing where the customer's main number (426-6000) was pointed to a third party head-end marketing service using a dedicated number 676-7669. Callers would make their desired option from this head-end tracking service and then the caller would be transferred to the appropriate DID for the department at the car dealership they wanted. <IMPORTANT> Under this setup, the caller's number was carried through to the dealership when the call was answered.

Now, Spectrum (the new provider) refuses to peel off the main number (426-2000) and point it elsewhere. Everything must be delivered over the single PRI and any routing must be handled on-premises.

Old scenario: Call to 426-2000 > rings directly to 676-7669 and call processing is handled by third party > calls are delivered w/CID information as if directly-dialed.

New scenario: Call to 426-2000 > rings directly to X222 which is permanently forwarded to 676-7669 > calls are delivered w/ dealership's main number as CID, not the caller's.
(Note: This setup where the calls go to X222 first was something already set up in the TDE600 from years ago, which is why we didn't noticed the CID following issue until now).

Can anyone think of a manner in which calls to the main number can forward to the third party WITHOUT the CID information being stripped at the TDE prior to forwarding? I've changed the ISDN options in system programming 2.9.17 CLIP to ISDN, but it had no effect.

NOTE: If I call the third party's direct number (676-7669) directly and make my selection from their menu, my calling party ID information is displayed correctly, so we know that their end is working properly and the TDE is doing the blocking through the trunk/trunk conference created by the forwarding.

Posted By: Daniel Re: TDE 600 off-premise foward situation - 05/01/19 07:55 PM
First be sure that you are controlling outbound caller id. If Spectrum is controlling it nothing you do is going to make a difference.

I'm just throwing stuff out there that may or may not work.

2.9.4 Send CLIP of CO Caller "enable".

2.9.7 CLIP Modification (outgoing)

4.1 ISDN CLIP for ext 222 remove CLIP ID and change the "CLIP on Extension/CO to CO

I'm not sure what would happen if you did 3.5.1 "group fwd call from co" turned it on and pointed it at 676.7669.

As a final resort find out what the head-end marketing service is doing for them and see if there is some combination of hardware/software that can be put on-site to accomplish similar things.

If I come up with other random things, or better things I will let you know.

© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help