atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Brian Whisnant KX-TA624 Firmware - 05/02/19 07:40 PM
Hello!

I have set up a KX-TA624 phone system in my home. I also hung a KX-TVS50 voicemail system next to the KSU 5 years ago. However, it wasn't until now that I have decided to interconnect the two. I have since discovered that the KSU's firmware is too old to work with the VMS. My current version is: Y501Y 990325(M). I have scoured the Internet looking for the EPROM, but to no avail. Does anyone know where I can get a more current version and how much it might cost? It doesn't even have to be the latest version, just something high enough to allow me to connect the voicemail.

I'd appreciate any information you can provide.

Regards,
Brian
Posted By: Daniel Re: KX-TA624 Firmware - 05/02/19 08:46 PM
Where did you find that the KSU firmware was too low? I could be wrong, but I thought that you could just do APT integration on the voicemail and get it to work.
Posted By: Brian Whisnant Re: KX-TA624 Firmware - 05/03/19 12:04 AM
Hi Daniel,

This is what it says in the KX-TVS50-80 Installation Manual. Here is an excerpt:

Software Verification
1. Check the software version of the KX-TA624 using System Program [998].
Example: Y581A YYMMDD(M)
The underlined digits represent the software production date code (year, month, day). For
Digital Integration, the software version of the PBX must be Y581A or higher.

There have been a couple of other issues that I have encountered because of the older software. I don't recall what, but I remember that being a problem in the past.

Any ideas?

Brian
Posted By: Daniel Re: KX-TA624 Firmware - 05/03/19 12:44 PM
You might be able to use DTMF integration instead of Digital Integration. Page 43 of the VPS manual
Posted By: Brian Whisnant Re: KX-TA624 Firmware - 05/03/19 06:50 PM
That's an option, but I lose a lot of functionality not using Digital Integration. Plus, like I mentioned above, I needed a more current version of the firmware for something else. It still hasn't come to me as to what it was, but it will eventually. :-)

I realize that this is an older system, but you would think that someone would have these available.

Thanks for reminding me of that option. I guess I could do that as a last resort.

Brian
Posted By: Brian Whisnant Re: KX-TA624 Firmware - 05/07/19 05:50 PM
I got a hold of one of the local Panasonic dealers in the area. Like any good salesman, he didn't feel that he could upgrade my system in good conscious. He didn't think it was the financially responsible thing to do. Instead, he wants to sell me a whole new system. Like THAT'S financially responsible! Even after explaining that I am on Social Security disability and that this is just a home phone system, he still wants to go with a new system.

A little background on my situation - I was in a car accident in California 11 years ago and have been disabled since. Because California is so expensive, it's hard to live on what SSDI pays. So I decided to move someplace cheaper. I bought an old school in a tiny village in Michigan. I've purchased this phone system piece by piece on eBay. My system consists of the KX-TA624 configured 6x16, 2 Caller ID cards, Door card, KX-TVS50, 4 Door Phones and 7 KX-T7731 Phones. The system has been working great for me. Being alone in a 20,000 sq ft building it's convenient having phones everywhere so I can answer calls, or more importantly, door phone calls.

So, whether I can find the firmware or not, I'm pretty committed to this system. However, I'd still like to be able to use the KX-TVS50 the way it was intended on the system. Does anyone have any other ideas? I wouldn't expect it would be so hard to find one EPROM for this system.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,
Brian
Posted By: Brian Whisnant Re: KX-TA624 Firmware - 05/24/19 04:59 PM
Does anyone happen to know where I can get an EPROM for this phone system? I really want to get this set up the correct way.

I'd also like to use the programming software to set up the system. I know it's not recommended, but it would be so much easier to add extension names and, more importantly, speed dial numbers.

Kind regards,
Brian
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: KX-TA624 Firmware - 05/24/19 08:22 PM
The EPROMs came from Pana in Kent, WA if I can recall correctly. I doubt they're in business, so maybe someone else will see this and be able to either find a 624-4 (or whatever variant it was), or produce the proper EPROM.

624's weren't in production long in the U.S.

Carl

P.S. If you're a gambler, $71.95 gets you a TA-624 for parts. It's listed as a Circle 4. Just Ebay search for TA-624 and it will show up.

Posted By: Brian Whisnant Re: KX-TA624 Firmware - 05/28/19 06:31 PM
Thanks Carl, I'll try those routes and see where I get.

Brian
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: KX-TA624 Firmware - 06/14/19 04:48 PM
Oops. Was supposed to go out as a PM.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help