atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EV607797 Message Waiting buttons on TDE600 - 05/22/19 12:23 AM
We have a customer using a TDE600. In one department, there are six phones, with five of them having DSS consoles. On all of them, a button is being used as a message waiting button for mailbox 501. One of the phones has a message waiting button for this same mailbox, but it's not on a DSS console.

When this button is pressed from any of the phones, they receive '315: PT' on their display and it rings IP extension 315 at a remote location. I went in and re-programmed these buttons to be message waiting buttons for mailbox 501 remotely by blanking them out and then re-programming them. No change.

We went there yesterday and made the same programming changes on-site. No change either. We gave up and advised the customer to reboot the system after hours, which they did. We still have the same problem. Note, these message waiting buttons have been working fine for years.

I also went into mailbox 501 in their TVA-200 to see if anything strange exists there, but nothing appears to be out of the ordinary. Any suggestions?
Posted By: C5Z Re: Message Waiting buttons on TDE600 - 05/22/19 08:55 PM
Try doing Intercom *700 501 from ext. 315.

Kevin
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Message Waiting buttons on TDE600 - 05/22/19 09:48 PM
Oh wow, I didn't even think of that, Kevin. We will surely be giving that a try first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the great (and what should have been obvious) suggestion.
Posted By: OBT Re: Message Waiting buttons on TDE600 - 05/22/19 09:52 PM
Depending on software level. If you press the message key with the handset down it will display extension 315. Press transfer to clear

Other way is press the message key and when they answer it will clear the lamp. It was 315 hitting a sequence of keys to light the lamp of 501.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help