atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Corrupted DNA TVA-50 Lost Installer Password - 05/22/19 05:35 AM
I am stuck and am hoping someone here can be of assistance. We have a client that WE installed a PBX and TVA-50 for back in July 2012. Their owner had a copy of the critical information as did we. We cannot at present locate that document and surprisingly the other copy is nowhere to be found. The responsibility for ensuring this was available is of course ours regardless of who else maintained a copy and as a result I am here hoping there is an rs-232 method similar to some other devices for resetting the TVA-50 without losing the programming. Short of that forcing a backup without said password would be helpful. System Manager mailbox password is also *sigh* MIA.

Please PM me for my number if you prefer to discuss over the phone.

Posted By: Daniel Re: TVA-50 Lost Installer Password - 05/22/19 10:25 PM
Panasonic can reset it for you.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: TVA-50 Lost Installer Password - 05/22/19 11:43 PM
Password resets are a dealer function. My distributor sent me a form that I filled out with my dealer name, ID, etc. and the customer emailed me a request on his letterhead. I then sent all this in to my distributor and, with internet access, Pana went into the box and defaulted the password. It was free and, I didn't have to be there (customer 480 miles away).

Carl
Posted By: Corrupted DNA Re: TVA-50 Lost Installer Password - 05/23/19 01:11 AM
Thank you very much. Given that we are not a Panasonic dealer (however we have partnerships with many vendors through Ingram Micro and perhaps Panasonic participates, I will need to inquire) I take it that leaves us out. If I can find a Panasonic dealer in our area, they could make the request of Panasonic? When you say "Internet Access" do you mean to a management box, because in this case the TVA-50 has no Ethernet card. Thank you again for the information, and hope.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help