atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EV607797 Need to activate account codes on TDE600 - 06/20/19 07:31 PM
I know this is outside the scope of what we're allowed to offer here. I'm willing to pay for off-line support. I have been tasked with setting up an existing TDE600 with account code requirement for long distance calling. It appears from the COS tables that this must have been in place at one time by placing stations in COS3. I had them dial *49 for account code entry, but after entering the four-digit code and then attempting to dial the 1+ number, the system rejects the call as "restricted". I need to know what I'm doing wrong here and also, where the account codes are actually entered for verification. Please contact me via private message if you're willing to assist or just call me. Thanks in advance for your help.
Cancel that request. I just activated forced account codes in the COS. I also found that the customer wasn't dialing # after the account code during testing, which didn't help matters. Thanks anyway. Hopefully, this might assist someone else who encounters a similar situation.
I had to revive this thread because the customer is now complaining that they must dial *49 + account code + # and then the number. They would like to shorten or eliminate the requirement for the *49 part. Any suggestions?
Posted By: OBT Re: Need to activate account codes on TDE600 - 06/24/19 09:29 PM
Use quick dial. If you can free 7, tie line access is rarely used even if using tie lines and you could dial 7. It will dial *49 and if the first digit of account code id same for all, you could eliminate an extra digit
Interesting. I did think about going into the numbering plan and devising a single-digit code, which would help by eliminating two digits, but didn't want to get too far into it since the customer is already demanding that the PRI provider attach account codes to their service. Thank you for the suggestion.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help