atcomsystems.ca/forum
We have a customer using almost all soft phone apps on their NS-700. The customer's IT guy has replaced two of the PCs and has asked me to move two extensions to these new devices. I forced the de-registration of the two extension numbers and they now show up as available in the left pane of the registration screen. I pull one over and run the registration procedure, but it just hangs there flashing "Executing" in red. It does the same thin for both extensions. Any ideas what I'm missing here?
Have you put the IP address of the system on the soft phone and open it while registration is running
The on-site work is being performed by the customer's IT guy who swears that he has everything right. Keep in mind that both of these soft phone apps were working fine before he changed out the PC's NIC. I'm fairly confident that the issue is with his settings, but he has confirmed that he can ping the new PCs. Of course he can, but if the system's IP is missing, then it won't work. I've tried to explain this to him and he is quick to cut me off, citing that he has done this several times before without incident. We have one of our in-house IT guys going there today to double check him. I've registered dozens of IP devices on these systems before without any issues, but I was just hoping for something that is iron-clad to disprove him.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help