atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MichaelV The Panasonic DBS that won't die... - 09/20/19 03:50 PM
Yes, I have one customer that still has one, anyway...Anyone out there that was really competent on DBS stuff and still remembers how to program a DBS?

I have a problem on a DBS72 that I just can't figure out that started recently. The system has a TVA50 vmail on it that we put in 5-6 years ago, maybe longer, but has been working pretty much trouble free. There are two hunt groups of analog pots lines on the system, one group for the bowling alley, one for the arcade. Both groups were setup to go to individual separate auto/attendants. For some reason the lines for the arcade have stopped going to the auto/att directly and started to ring at the operator phone first, the display reads CFWD, then after about 4-5 rings finally goes to the arcade auto/att. Every line that is assigned to the arcade does this. I've tried a couple codes on the operator phone to cancel the call fwd but neither of them work. The programming tells me the lines are pointed at group 602 with what appears to be a single virtual member extension. Just can't figure out what I'm missing here.
Posted By: Daniel Re: The Panasonic DBS that won't die... - 09/20/19 03:55 PM
Where does the virtual ext point to? Maybe the forward is there.
Posted By: MichaelV Re: The Panasonic DBS that won't die... - 09/20/19 04:06 PM
Thanks for the response.

I think the virtual extension was 652, and I think I tried to cancel fwd on that as well, but I'm actually not positive. Suppose I can double check. I've been coming at this as if someone made a mistake when dialing a number on the operator phone, which happened to match the DBS call fwd code, as I can't think of any other way this would start up out of nowhere...

Posted By: Daniel Re: The Panasonic DBS that won't die... - 09/20/19 04:58 PM
Is it possible that something is wrong with one or more voicemail ports?
so voicemail port 1 doesn't work, its no answer is set to go to the operator extension. the operator extension's no answer is set to go to the voicemail, and hits a different port letting the AA answer.

Or is the operator phone set as a delayed ring and the voicemail hunt is ringing enough to find a good port.
Posted By: Daniel Re: The Panasonic DBS that won't die... - 09/20/19 05:10 PM
Crazy thought. Is the operator phone supposed to be in DND for all of this to work correctly?
Posted By: MichaelV Re: The Panasonic DBS that won't die... - 09/20/19 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Daniel
Is it possible that something is wrong with one or more voicemail ports?
so voicemail port 1 doesn't work, its no answer is set to go to the operator extension. the operator extension's no answer is set to go to the voicemail, and hits a different port letting the AA answer.

Or is the operator phone set as a delayed ring and the voicemail hunt is ringing enough to find a good port.

I did check each of the 6 voicemail ports to make sure they answer correctly, as they do sometimes end up in DND or some other feature activated. They all work correctly.
If the operator was set as delayed ring, would it show CFWD in the display of the operator phone?

Originally Posted by Daniel
Crazy thought. Is the operator phone supposed to be in DND for all of this to work correctly?

No, as auto/att is supposed to answer all calls first, only rings the operator if they dial 0.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help