atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ILE NS700 CLIP on Tie-Line calls - 04/23/20 06:40 PM
I'm having trouble with outbound callerID on a networked system. It's two NS700 systems on a private network. Both are communicating via V-IPGW. System A has the PRI. I was able to successfully get System B to use the PRI over the tie-lines, but the CID that is presented is 'Unavailable' plus the 4 digit extension number. The CLIP table is loaded, and is referenced in ARS 8.5 by default. CallerID modification only allows 4 digits. I played with the options in 2.9.Opt4. My feeling is that since the tie-line connection is private, and not public, System B considers the outbound calls on those trunks to be internal calls, and is not applying the CLIP. AT&T will be using the 10 digit CLIP from System B to establish location info for emergency calls (same CLIP for all stations). Something I'll try next is setting CLIP on CO in 4.1.1, and adding a virtual PRI card with the subscriber number, but pretty sure that won't work for the same reason - not a public call. Is there a way to do this?
Posted By: ILE Re: NS700 CLIP on Tie-Line calls - 04/24/20 09:57 PM
SO, to use CLIP, the call has to pass through ARS. It wasn't working because I was using a G-CO button, which was bypassing ARS. I had to use either a loop key or dial from intercom. This place has Centrex, so they had to dial 9 twice (we're porting to a PRI, this is initial testing). I thought ARS would have taken over the 9. To access the PRI in the remote system they still have to dial 9 twice. The first 9 seems to tell the system that you're interested in making an outside call, and the second 9 triggers ARS. If we use just one 9, the system routes to the POTS TG...even with ARS turned on, WTH ?!? Can I just leave the Leading Digit field blank, and will that cause ARS to look at everything or ignore everything?
Posted By: OBT Re: NS700 CLIP on Tie-Line calls - 04/25/20 05:42 PM
No, it will remove the nine, but you can add a nine to the number using ars under carrier code
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help