atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EV607797 Issue with tenants/trunk groups - 09/20/20 07:46 PM
I have a situation with an existing TDE100 using a TVS50 voice mail. They have two POTS lines in a separate trunk group for a remote office (using IP phones) that they would like to have answered with a separate greeting and CS menu. I have set up trunk group 2 in the TVS to play CS3 in day and CS4 at night, but when called, there is never an answer on either of these POTS lines. The only way they answer is when I put the trunks to group and tenant 1, where the main office greeting answers with CS1. What am I missing?
Posted By: C5Z Re: Issue with tenants/trunk groups - 09/20/20 09:08 PM
Leave the POTS lines in tenant 1, set VM trunk Grp to 2. What happens?
Kevin
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Issue with tenants/trunk groups - 09/21/20 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by C5Z
Leave the POTS lines in tenant 1, set VM trunk Grp to 2. What happens?
Kevin
I get ring/no answer for 30 seconds, then CS2 answers, which is the night service option for the four lines in CO line trunk group #1.
Posted By: Daniel Re: Issue with tenants/trunk groups - 09/21/20 01:13 PM
In the phone system set the lines to vm trunk group 2
In the voicemail set the port trunk service for trunk group 2 to service group 2
In the voicemail set service group 2 for its day, night, lunch, break modes to answer where you want.

Also in the phone system be sure that you haven't restricted the Tenant 2 from being able to dial the voicemail extensions. (2.7.3)
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Issue with tenants/trunk groups - 09/25/20 03:21 AM
That was it. I thought I had entered CS3 and CS4 as the day/night fields under the trunk services settings, but apparently I didn't. Thanks for the help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help