atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ShiWham Misconfigured or Dying? - 11/23/20 05:00 PM
We are on a TDA-600,

A few days ago we noticed that all calls going to one group were going straight to voicemail. Checked the settings and Group FWD for it was set to on. The user said they hit the group forward button we have set up on the phone (KX-T7630) but it didn't do anything. Sure enough the buttons just stopped changing the setting and now just say that Group Forward is off whether it's on or not for any group. We hadn't changed any settings recently, that I'm aware of.
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

Our system has a few glitches sometimes*, I assume it's cause it's old and we've had to replace multiple parts two different times when they got fried by a lightning surge (we have better protection in now)(also note, there are parts that have not been replaced on it, that happened to survive). Not sure if that is a common thing or if there is something we can do about that (the random glitches). Unless there is a setting that got switched that I don't know about (which isn't that hard since I'm far from a phone expert). I've tried rebooting the system and it didn't fix it. If anyone has advice that'd be appreciated.

*some examples of the glitches we have are: certain phones when they have flex buttons set to a one touch it would write over all of the one touches what was on the last one. Another one is sometimes we have ports just stop ringing and even if we switch the phone it doesn't work, we have to switch what port it's plugged into on the actual PBX.
Posted By: C5Z Re: Misconfigured or Dying? - 11/24/20 01:24 AM
First I would check the MPR and make sure it's the latest version as well as the station cards. Also check your major and minor error logs, faulty power supplies can cause issues and lastly check voicemail boxes for any hacking.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Misconfigured or Dying? - 11/24/20 02:24 AM
All of the above.. But maybe getting near replacement time.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Misconfigured or Dying? - 11/24/20 05:18 AM
There's nothing wrong with your system to warrant that it is in need of replacement. It's just a glitch. I agree that failing power supplies can cause all kinds of strange activity, as can failing cards. You may end up trying the old process of elimination game with the cards.

The last time that I encountered this situation, it was because the COS settings had been changed to where CO to CO forwarding was not enabled. I have NO idea how that occurred, but once I enabled this, the problem went away. The system would allow you to enable/disable group forwarding, everything looked right on the display, but the group's intercept destination (mailbox) would answer. You might want to check the COS settings first.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Misconfigured or Dying? - 11/26/20 03:39 PM
I'm going with Ed on this one. Good luck
Posted By: ShiWham Re: Misconfigured or Dying? - 12/15/20 05:17 PM
Checked these and they all seemed to be correctly set. Still isn't working. But we were only using the feature for a few groups and it was only to forward the group to Voicemail at the end of the day or when no one was in, so I just changed the settings to have it go straight to Voicemail at night. I'll see if the diagnostic feature works for checking to see if the hardware is malfunctioning. But for now I think I have a workable solution in place now.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help