atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jennyfer Panasonic KX-NS700 - 05/26/21 09:28 PM
Hi,

I am moving to a new office and currently using KX-NS700. Anything I need or best practices from the new place to make sure I am able to use the same system? Also, I understand the network part of it, because we are using SIP, but is there any documents to help with the telecommunications part of the installation?

Thanks,

Jen
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Panasonic KX-NS700 - 05/27/21 03:03 AM
It pretty much depends upon the type of phones you're using. If they are IP phones, then you only need to either have power outlelts for them or a POE network switch. Since it's an existing system, I doubt that will be an issue.

If the phones are digital, keep in mind that they use the second pair in the wiring, not the first like most other systems. Many slackers will often wire jacks with only the first pair to save time. If that's the case, you'll need to rewire the jacks or purchase modified line cords to adapt. Normally, this isn't the case, but it does happen, especially late on Fridays.
Posted By: Jennyfer Re: Panasonic KX-NS700 - 05/27/21 09:27 AM
We are using KX-DT543 phones. Please photos. I understand the lan part but not the PBX lines.

Attached picture IMG_9635.jpg
Attached picture IMG_9636.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9639.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9638.JPG
Attached picture IMG_9637.JPG
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Panasonic KX-NS700 - 05/28/21 06:11 AM
The DT-543 phones are digital, so aside from the rare occasion with the jacks that I mentioned, you should be fine. I do see that you have some wiring connected to the LCOT card, meaning regular copper lines. Did you have them and then switched over to SIP? If that's the case, then again, you'll be fine.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Panasonic KX-NS700 - 05/30/21 05:50 PM
Are the pictures of the current setup, or the new location? Beings you are using digital phones, you will need to make physcial cross-connects from the station/extension block to the in-house wiring block. Meaning, you'll probably have to tone out jacks (if they are not properly labeled) and run cross-connects to get your extensions working.
Posted By: Jennyfer Re: Panasonic KX-NS700 - 06/03/21 05:49 PM
that's the current setup.. we are still looking for a new location.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help