atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dialtony KX-T7716 for PBX only? - 09/21/22 11:25 PM
Hi. Non-pro newbie here hoping to find some expertise. Picked up at Panasonic KX-T7716C-B with intent of using it on my landline, but then saw that it is designed for Panasonic PBX systems and marked "Do Not Connect Directly to Public Phone Line." Well, of course, I did just that ... and it seemed to work!

Was able to make and receive calls and see call display. Sound quality may have been a tad rough -- hard to tell when connecting to the mobiles I used for the test.

So should it work on a Bell Canada line? Is there a difference in voltage requirement or line resistance that could cause problems? Something else I'm missing?

Thanks -- I appreciate any insights you can offer!
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: KX-T7716 for PBX only? - 09/21/22 11:45 PM
It looks like it was made for single lines behind a PBX. With sg in the code, it might have been used back in the 336 analog PBX days in Singapore. https://business.panasonic.sg/communication-solutions/kx-t7716

Here in the United States, it probably lacks an FCC registration number....like that matters now :-) In Canada, I don't think the RCMP or CRTC or whoever is going to single you out.

Carl
Posted By: DonaldR Re: KX-T7716 for PBX only? - 09/21/22 11:53 PM
Here a link to the manual.

Panasonic KX-T7716C Quick Reference Manual

It is explained that it also requires batteries, which leaves me scratching my head.

It does explain this is indeed to be used with a PBX. This appears to be compatible with a Panasonic KX-TA824. It will probably operate with the KX-TA624 too.

The two center wires of the telset's cord are wired for ring and tip. This is why you may have dial tone upon lifting the receiver. I doubt though that all of the other features will work.

<Seems I spoke too soon, no wonder it left me scratching my head>
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: KX-T7716 for PBX only? - 09/21/22 11:57 PM
Actually, it looks like a newer phone designed for analog(ue) PBX's. Looking at associated links, there's even a couple of brochures and reference to the latest systems from TA824 forward.

10 memory dials, dial lock, etc. etc.
Posted By: DonaldR Re: KX-T7716 for PBX only? - 09/22/22 12:01 AM
I just noticed in the brochure image this also has a "Emergency" button.

Scrolling downward into the brochure I see a bullet point for:

• This telephone (single line telephone) can be used by connecting it to a Panasonic PBX (KX-TE, TDA, TDE, NCP series).
Posted By: DonaldR Re: KX-T7716 for PBX only? - 09/22/22 12:07 AM
I just logged onto Panasonic CS-KMS Portal, and looked. There's nothing there for the KX-T7716.

Seems it would work with the Panasonic KX-TES824, TDE200, KX-TDA600/620, KX-TDE600/620, KX-NCP500 and KX-NCP1000.

In the world of technology, these babies are old! haha
Posted By: Dialtony Re: KX-T7716 for PBX only? - 09/24/22 05:40 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the info. I plugged it back in to the Bell line and again, everything works. Go figure! Guess I'll keep using it until it stops working or the Industry Canada sticker police conduct a surprise inspection.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help