atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DonaldR KX-TA824 Loop Current (Disconnect) - 08/16/23 06:43 AM
Does anyone know what the acceptable loop current setting would be to work with the Panasonic KX-TA824?

If a caller hangs up during the outgoing menu message play from the TVA50, the line is not dropped. The TA824/TVA50 hangs up after the outgoing menu message has repeated three times, which is the standard setting.

I have Sonic.net VOIP and the proprietary programmed Grandstream ATA HT701 only has the availability to adjust the Loop Current Disconnect Duration setting in Milliseconds.

I've searched through the TA824 manuals and only found the Loop Current specification data resistances listed.

Outside (CO) Line Loop Limit:
1600 Ω maximum

Terminal Equipment Loop Limit:
PT 40 Ω
SLT 600 Ω including set
Doorphone 20 Ω

Nothing about the Loop Current Disconnect Setting.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Posted By: OBT Re: KX-TA824 Loop Current (Disconnect) - 08/16/23 07:46 AM
Look for reverse polarity options on the. ATA, the kxta should support it.
Main thing is the co has to be connected the correct way around positive and negative for it to work.
Posted By: DonaldR Re: KX-TA824 Loop Current (Disconnect) - 08/19/23 05:13 AM
I found the reason why....

It was not the Ring/Tip Polarity.

I was logged onto the KX-TVA50 to alter a couple parameters and found the CPC function was disabled. Setting the TVA50 to 150ms as well as the ATA solved the problem.

I suppose I forgot to re-enable the CPC function after having my TVA50 repaired serviced for defective flash memory where the software/firmware is stored.

One less small mental annoyance. confetti
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help