web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi Everyone,

I am very excited that I received my 1A2 system today as I am getting into 1A2. I believe it’s a ITT 501 but I could be wrong and I have some questions.

The only issue I have is that ext 4 will not ring, I believe it could be the wiring at the punch down block. I have tried different phones that do ring but not on ext 4. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated

Now on with the questions.

1. I think the system is setup with common ring, can I change it where only one line rings at specific ext? For an example line one only rings at ext 1 and line 2 at ext 2 and so on.

I am planning to put this behind my Merlin Magix system so for a example Merlin Magix ext 30 will ring on 1a2 ext 1 on line 1. If it’s simple to change the common ring.

2. The KSU does have intercom and the phones have buzzers, anyway to make the system make a longer buzz or multiple buzz’s when no one picks up? Right now it only will make a one shot buzz when you dial a ext. I probably would have to upgrade the Teltone 10 intercom to something else.

3. Would anyone have the floor stand for sale for the 501 KSU, what I can find on Goolge that it may have a floor stand? Thais KSU is very heavy so if I cant find the floor stand I might just lay it on the floor on the closet or under my bed.

4. Does anyone know the model number of the Stromberg Carlson 6 button phone as no model number on the bottom?

5. Would any call director work on this 1A2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I do thank you for your time.

I am unable to upload any photos as its keep saying that the pic is too large (Maximum size per file is 2 Bytes).

Thanks Brian

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
That is so cool, I cant wait to here the out come, or a youtube would be even better! Those were the first system I installed back in the day. Someone here will help you I am sure, if not I will keep an eye on this tread maybe I can help, but I think the other guys got this one! If you make a youtube post the code here it will play.

OP Offline
Here is the link to my Youtube video showing photos

[img]
[/img]

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Are you familiar with this website <click here>.

A great site for information.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Congratulations on your new system! Now to the questions.

1- Yes. You want what is called a "line bell". You can disable the common bell by opening the strap on the CA leads (Block B pins 31-36). Then connect the B1 R1 leads from the appropriate line to the appropriate phones Y/S pair.
2- What sort of Intercom does the phone have now? Regardless, a longer buzz or repeated buzz were not common on most intercoms. Some models of Teltone (?) did have that feature, but it was not standard or even common. 6A or 36A systems did offer that.
3- 501 systems came in two styles, floor mount and wall mount. To the best of my knowledge there was no floor stand.
4 - Sromberg Carlson made several varieties of 6 button phones. A more modern version, the 3528 had the line and hold keys along the bottom. The early version (called by some a "baby call director") had the keys along the side and was model number 1704 or 1706 depending on...something. I can't remember at the moment. - Actually I think that was the one with the smaller buttons. They made an identical now with larger line keys that may have been the 1806 - but I'll have to check.
5- Yes. Western Electric, ITT, Stromberg Carlson, Northern Electric/Telecom, GTE were all essentially compatible, often wire for wire.

Good luck and have fun!.
Sam

Last edited by Silversam; 06/16/18 09:48 AM.

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Update - The S-C 1800 series were the "baby call directors" with the larger buttons.

Be aware - Most manufacturers produced a 6 button phone that was NOT 1A2. It had 6 buttons, but instead of a hold button and 5 line keys it had THREE hold buttons and three line keys. It was a stand alone telephone that DID NOT require a KSU. Each hold button was associated with a line key and the system was completely manual.

1A2 phones also came in 10 button, 12 button, 18 button, 20 button, 30 button as well as 50, 100 and even larger sizes.

You could also get 6 and 12 button keys, mounted in boxes that were designed to work with whatever Single line phone you wanted to use.

IA2 was a pretty exciting genre. Enjoy!

Sam

OP Offline
Hi Silversam,

Thank you so much for your help.

On the common ring question would I connect the B1 R1 leads from the appropriate line to the appropriate phones Y/S pair at the KSU or at the phone?

How does the the floor mount work, did they make it so the KSU can stand upright with out tipping over? Would it very difficult to locate one?

While I was researching about the Teltone T-10 thats in the system. I found this about the Teltone C·19 from telephonecollectors.com

It looks like it has the resignal feature that I was thinking about

Here is the link to the installation guide for the Teltone C-19

https://www.telephonecollectors.inf...-19-c-19-key-system-intercoms-ocr-r/file

It looks like it has the resignal feature that I was thinking about on page 3. But I am unsure what ringback signal is...

14 C·19 Installations Only: Verify that the ringback signal is
present in the receiver while the audible signal is
present in the key set, and that the intercom busy lamp
winks when both signals stop. Verify the resignal
feature by making a call to yourself and then, atter the
ring burst ends and without hanging up, dialing both
digits of any station

Also it notes that the C-19 does not require any wiring changes.

"No changes are required if this R-19, T-19, or C-19
replaces a TELTONE R-10 or T-10 intercom.?

I found this on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TELTONE-C-19-Unit-19-Station-Tone-Rotary-Intercom-C-19/302746874562?hash=item467d1eb2c2:g:UFYAAOSwA3dYCnH2

So Silversam will the Teltone C-19 work for what I am looking for?

What I am thinking since the KSU is very heavy I would lay it upright against the wall and squeeze in between the wall and my storage bins. Would this be okay for the KSU as I notice that the cover gets warm from the power supply. Since its going to be a tight fit that the storage bins might be touching the KSU.

Thank you Brian

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Brian -

You would extend the B1 R1 leads from the KSU through the station cable to the telephone set. The key sets male am phenol plugs into a female amphenoled station cable. The other end of that station cable is extended to a Main Distributing Frame (MDF) where it is terminated. Cabling is brought out from the KSU to the MDF and jumper wires are run between the KSU cables and the staton cables.

In the event that you only have a few telephone sets (less then 4 or 5), then you can terminate their station cables directly in the KSU. We didn't consider it good practice because it soon got very messy in the KSU, but with only a few sets it's do-able,

To the best of my knowledge there was NO FLOOR MOUNT. It was a completely different (larger) KSU. You should mount the KSU to the wall. The KSU should not generate enough heat to start a fire. If it does, there's a problem.

It seems that THAT version of Teltone Intercom offers resignalling. I've got a T-10 in my house right now that doesn't. Your paperwork probably refers to a later model. Whether the one you order from eBay will have that though is anybody's guess.

A T--X intercom was Tone only. An R-X was Rotary only and a C-X would work on either Tone or Rotary. The wiring for a T-10 and A T-19 pr a C-19 was identical. As I recall if you installed an X-19 and only were using 10 stations or less then there was a jumper to install. but otherwise, the intercom station numbers appeared in exactly the same position.If a system expanded from 10 stations then you just had to swap out the unit and change the number on ICM station 2 to something in the 20s.

I know that some Intercoms (later on in the life of 1A2) offered a tone (like Dial Tone) perhaps this unit (NOT necessarily the one for sale on eBay) offered a ringback tone as well.

Enjoy.

Sam

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, JBean3329), 168 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024