web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#629220 04/18/19 10:54 AM
OP Offline
We recently were having issues with an IVP8 installed into a CIX100. The customer calls us every week, without fail, because voice mail is not working when they get to work on Tuesday mornings. It didn't take long to put 2 and 2 together to realize that the auto system shutdown that, by default, occurs on tuesday morning was the culprit. I have read many things about this feature being a "necessary" maintenance feature, but honestly, we are just trying to limp by until the customer's budget gets approved to replace the system. So in the meantime, despite it being a necessary maintenance feature, is there any possible way to turn this feature off. It wouldn't be a big deal to make a trip every Tuesday morning to pull the IVP8 and reseat it if it was a local call, but it is not. It is an hour drive each direction in a rural town. And it also isn't something that the customer feels comfortable doing on their own.

So is there a way to disable this for the time being? Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
Check your mailboxes and make sure you dont have a space issue on the drive. I found this was the main underling culprit that cause the shutdown issues. Do you have a way to access a PC on site that you could load VM Manager? That would save a hour drive.

OP Offline
I will definitely check it out. Upon discussing it further with the tech, this is the second IVP8 at this exact location that has had this same problem. The first time it happened, we ended up replacing it. About a year later, the replacement one started doing the same thing, so you might be right. It might have just taken that long for the mailbox(es) to fill back up.

As far as the remote access to a PC is concerned, that is a hard no. The guy running the hospital that governs this medical clinic is a nutcase with some of his policy. They upgraded their NEC switch to an IP capable switch from an old NEC2400 and even bought a bunch of IP phones, but when it came time for the install, he put the brakes on and stated that as long as he was running the place, there would not be a single IP phone on his network.This clinic was supposed to be the ones getting those IP phones to connect back over their network to the NEC switch and utilize that voice mail and auto attendant, which would have solved all of their problems. Instead, the IP phones are sitting in a closet in their original boxes, gathering dust, and have been for 2 years now. Give a 3rd party remote access to a PC on the network? They wouldn't even allow the regional Information Systems group to have access via their Cisco firewall VPN for their switch programming and network monitoring, let alone allowing us access to do programming on their NEC switch.

You have to wonder about people sometimes. I get you want to have some level of security, but even given the tools to save money AND ensure security, he still refuses to go that route.

Oh, the other thing I learned about is that they might potentially be running their generator tests on Tuesday mornings......and potentially at the same time. Makes me wonder if its possible the generator is dropping during the reboot which is wreaking havoc on the voice mail. Its a stretch, but I have seen stranger things. Sending a tech out to change the shutdown time to occur while he is on site this afternoon and see if he can replicate the issue.

I have seen a could of IVP8 systems that had some troubles on Tuesday reboot. I am pretty sure you can specify another time/date, but not sure if this can be disabled.

If you can get a DST patch from Toshiba support, this can sometimes fix minor problems. I run it every time I have IVP8 issues. You need a CF card reader to run it. It doesn't always fix this reboot problem, but I do it just in case. It's also a quick way to do an update.

I doubt that Stratagy VM manager will work if the system doesn't reboot properly. Someone is going to have to reset the IVP8 or power cycle the CIX.

For the IP phones, best solution is probably a 2nd data cable and a separate switch. We like to use VLANs on larger IP installs. This will create a virtual separation from the data network. I have a feeling that this guy won't like VLANs anyway. I rarely see IP phones causing data network issues (with 1 exception). The data network will cause more phone probables then the phones causing data problems.

I believe if you go into parameters then scroll down to shutdown on the far left add the # then save and reboot, it should disable the shutdown feature

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 206 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024