web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#633747 11/12/19 05:05 PM
Will H Offline OP
OP Offline
This sounds like a bit of a weird question, but is the LCD on the avaya or lucent MLS 12/18D phones backlit? I'm trying to put a phone in a location where a newer 18D Euro-type phone is slightly too wide to fit. The area is also kind of dimly lit, so a backlit screen is necessary.

Will

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
According to the quick reference for 12-D, 18-D, and 34-D, only the 18-D mentions adjusting the brightness

(You can adjust the display contrast on
the MLS-18D; see “Volume Control Buttons” below.)

To adjust the display brightness on an MLS-18D phone, when the phone is idle and the handset is
on the phone: press [ ★ ]; then press ▼ to decrease brightness, or ▲ to increase brightness.

Would a 6D euro style work there?

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Will H Offline OP
OP Offline
Just a little update, I decided to go with the MLS 18D and it does, in fact, have a backlight on its LCD. Thank you Touch Tone Tommy and Daniel for the information.

I'm not sure if I should create a new thread for this, but I'm fairly new to the Avaya Partner programming thing and I was wondering the following:

The system I have in place only has one outside line connected to it. Whenever that line rings and someone picks up via a system phone, I have found out that the other two system phones cannot directly 'join' that call, as picking them up just sends them to the intercom (A feature I have configured through automatic line selection). The single standard 2500 pushbutton phone which is only configured to access line one just gets a busy signal when trying to join that call.

So this begs the question: How do I get both the system phones and standard phone to be able to 'pick up' on a call already answered?

Thank you

Think of how you would join a call in progress if there were several lines in use at the same time. How would you tell the system which one you want?

On the system phone you obviously need to push the line button then pick up the handset. The line indicators for that line will flash alternately red and green on all extensions on that call to let everybody know that they are not the only ones in on that call. A total of three phones can join a call.

For a standard phone pick up the handset, get intercom dialtone then dial 68 and the two digit line number of the line you want to join. In your case it would be 6801 for line 01. Note that 01 is the line assigned to the line 1 jack on the system. This can get real confusing when lines are assigned to system phones in a different order than what they are connected to on the system. The first line button on a system phone could be any line so you can't always go by what button is lit.

I normally didn't recommend single line (standard) phones for other than making and receiving calls because, although the features are there, who is going to remember the codes to use them?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Hal. We had a customer who printed an Avery label with common feature codes and affixed it to the back of the phone.

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Originally Posted by Daniel
Hal. We had a customer who printed an Avery label with common feature codes and affixed it to the back of the phone.

Yeah, but that would get old fast and then too, many in offices just don't have the "cognitive skills" to understand it anyway. This is why we sold a lot of Avaya cordlesses despite their high price tag. Some customers even had a hard time figuring those out.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Sounds to me like a privacy setting, if you can't "join" a call..?

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Originally Posted by 1864
Sounds to me like a privacy setting, if you can't "join" a call..?

That's not what he's asking. He is thinking that you can just pick up a handset to join a call like you can on a bunch of single line phones on one line in a house.

-Hal

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 84 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024